T-Mobile Also Shipped!

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordered my LG G5 SILVER this morning and earlier tonight got an e-mail with tracking info and all saying my order had shipped.

fresca2u

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Sigh. Nothing from Verizon for me. Please share your impressions once you get it - so many comments have been from using pre production model, it will be nice to hear from people with the actual production phone in hand.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got my G5 delivered and am setting it up now. I have one and my partner also got one. The first thing we noticed is how much dimmer the screen is compared to the G4. The screen looks beautiful no doubt but it doesn't get as bright next to the G4. Also our screens are somewhat different from each others. His is a bit more on the cold "blue" side and mine is more on the warm "yellow" side. I will upload some pics in a second. The device feels BEAUTIFUL in hand. Solid for sure.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Definitely a difference between your g5 screens. Possible to tweak anything in settings I wonder? They don't look bad, just different.

Posted via the Android Central App

cal777flyer

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Madkoda12, can you check outdoor visibility in the sun? I am concerned when I thought the same thing after playing with the G5 at the store.

cal777flyer

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have just finished some hands on time with the G5 at the local Sprint store. I see what you mean about the screen. Side by side comparison with my G2 left me a little worried. With both phones at identical percent settings (I measured at 25, 50, 75, and 100 percent settings) the G2 was slightly brighter. However, the biggest difference was in the whites, with the G2 showing noticeably whiter and brighter whites at all settings. To be fair, the blacks were deeper on the G5. The white on the G5 looks bluish grey compared to the G2.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I can't check outdoor light at the moment as for one it's been pretty stormy all day so no sun. But yeah I couldn't see anything to tweak display settings. And the screens look great fro sure just not as bright as the older phones. I think I do remember reading/watching some videos saying that it was noticed as well. Not sure if it was by android central or maybe droid life.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I am enjoying the phone. I like the feel of it and the new UI for sure. I can't seem to find the "Add app drawer" option anywhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital