Received G5. Battery looks to be pretty bad

Underwhere

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I came home to my G5.

6:00 PM battery life started at 49% when I first powered it up
6:57 PM battery life is now at 30%

I have had it on quite a bit to install apps and configure accounts etc.

That's pretty horrible. Anyone else receive theirs and are seeing horrible battery life?

tp2386

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine started out like that, but it has leveled off. I expected it to bad while syncing everything in the background.

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Guys cmon you need to give it four days and the phone needs doze to learn your habits. If your downloading apps and setting the phone up on a new battery that also hasnt been conditioned that doesn't count

Posted via the Android Central App

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Battery life is always bad on the first cycle. And you were probably downloading and syncing all your apps back on the phone while setting it up right? That uses a lot of power as well. Give it a couple of days to settle in.

Posted via my Nexus 6P on VerLIEzon Wireless but without their shackles.

Underwhere

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I think you guys give LG too much credit.
How many phones have any of you received and have drained it while setting it up?

At 8:11 it was 15% so I threw it on the charger.
In 15 minutes it was 50%.
In 30 minutes it was 73%.
In 1 hour it was 95

The phone was on at this time.

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Mime just refuses to go to sleep. The held awake section of GSAM Battery Monitor shows the phone is awake for almost as long as the screen has been on. Trying to track down the problem as we speak. Have any of you noticed this issue as well?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
How many phones have any of you received and have drained it while setting it up?

In 1 hour it was 95

I usually don't start at 49% battery when initially setting up my phone. Going from 49% to 15% in over 2 hrs of setting up the phone doesn't seem that bad, especially if the screen is on during most of the 2+ hrs. Next time fully charge the phone and use gsam to see if you actually have a battery life issue.

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Full charge I got 55% battery after 13 hours moderate use. I mean come guys what do you expect from a 2800 mAh battery and this high resolution screen

Posted via the Android Central App

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

In 1 hour it was 95

At least it charges ridiculously fast so that's a good thing

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Battery life on the g3 and 4 were pretty bad, and the v10 was horrible. Even with the replaceable battery, it was just a bad experience having to swap so frequently. I had originally planned to sell my s7 edge that I got on T-Mobile's bogo and pick up the g5 because a removable battery was always a must for me, but the battery life on the edge is ridiculously good so I can actually live with it. Now that I can hold the s7 next to my old g4, I don't think I can go back to LG screens now either. LG really needs to step up their game.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Android Police review complained about battery life on LG G5. It appears that Samsung is heavily throttling the Snapdragon in the S7 (hence why Exynos S7 is noticeably faster) while LG is allowing the SOC to reach its full potential performance-wise at the cost of additional power consumption.

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I came home to my G5.

That's pretty horrible. Anyone else receive theirs and are seeing horrible battery life?

You can't base anything off the initial charge that it came with. Battery levels are not an exact value that the phone can measure like looking into a tank at the fuel level. The phone uses algorithms and things like the history of the voltage levels to guess the battery level and when it first comes out of the box with the initial charge, it has no history to base those algorithms on. For example, on my first charge, mine kept telling me that it had 5 minutes left until 100% for about 20 minutes.

Today, after 7.5 hours on battery, with a 40 minute phone call, and 2 hours of on screen time, I'm at 65%. That doesn't suck.

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I came home to my G5.

You have to be kidding (and I hope you are since its April 1),but to anyone reading this thread, take ZERO stock in opening day QQ posts about battery life. You have to give a phone several days to settle in before judging battery life.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
First day use is hardly anything to go by. Report again in a weeks time and I'm sure that you will have a different story to tell.

ngerber999

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm on my second day with the G5 after coming from a G3. A typical work day on the G3 left me at about 55% remaining. I returned home with 73% remaining today. So far its better but I'm not willing to make a final conclusion until after a full work week of using it.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Is this a serious thread? you can't tell ANYTHING about battery life while you are setting a phone up.
I got my S7 2 days ago. during set up it was downloading all my apps, the screen was on almost non stop while downloading and setting up several email accounts etc. it used a crap-ton of battery doing all that.
After charging to full, using to 5%, and then charging it full, I went to work, used it all day in a normal routine and got home with 51% battery life.