LG G5 unboxing

Indicud

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
What do you guys think of Erica Griffin's unboxing video about the G5? I'm not even an LG user but watching how she bashed the phone really annoyed me.. thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

pwaikon

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I think she just was really disappointed for getting a faulty unit. She wasn't happy at all for seeing the scratches and light bleeds. She pointed out that she really wants to like the G5 so she's not completely against it. She's gonna get a replacement and the give a review. If the new G5 is fine, then her attitude towards the phone most likely is gonna change for the positive / not so negative.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
What do you guys think of Erica Griffin's unboxing video about the G5? I'm not even an LG user but watching how she bashed the phone really annoyed me.. thoughts?

Did you watch the same video I watched because if you did then you know that she bashed it because it was dented and poorly constructed her unit. She even said it several times that she was disappointed by that. Next the screen was garbage again she indicated most if not all reviews were reporting major light bleeding through and it was true . Did you see what happened when she went into a pitch black room you could make out three different led bleeding through. Erika is one of the most thorough reviewers out there nothing wrong with it to me. She even started she was taking that model back to get another to do a complete review . You might want to watch it again.

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
After watching it I'm a little nervous. I know I can send mine back if it is bad, but I really hope I don't have to.

Hugo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

She had an obvious negative bias even before she opened the box. It got progressively worse, so I stopped watching at 4:14. Reviewers are only human but I expect them to make at least some effort at being fair.

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't think her impressions were unfair at all. She's a very thorough reviewer who rightfully expects a lot from the flagship phone of a major company. Keep in mind that it wasn't the first time she handled the phone, so her impression before she opened this one were based on previous hands-on experience. That's not an indication of negative bias, it's an indication that the phone might not be as good as it should be. There were clear problems with her unit that she explained and demonstrated on camera. That's not bashing, the problems were all real.

Plus, she loved the V10 as she mentioned, so she's not an LG hater.

Last edited:

Hugo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't think her impressions were unfair at all. She's a very thorough reviewer who rightfully expects a lot from the flagship phone of a major company.

I went back and saw the rest of the video. My opinion still stands, but I'll add that I found her opinionated, whiny, and nitpicky. Granted, this is the only video I've seen of hers. Maybe she was just having a bad day, but I doubt I'll go back for more.

Keep in mind that it wasn't the first time she handled the phone, so her impression before she opened this one were based on previous hands-on experience. That's not an indication of negative bias, it's an indication that the phone might not be as good as it should be.

Actually, that is negative bias, and you graciously explained why she has it.

There were clear problems with her unit that she explained and demonstrated on camera. That's not bashing, the problems were all real.

I consider it bashing when issues are exaggerated, especially when the issues are cosmetic.

Plus, she loved the V10 as she mentioned, so she's not an LG hater.

I haven't held one yet, but the V10 appears to be a very good phone, with a big screen and great looks and feel. It is designed for a different consumer. Maybe if my wife and I didn't keep our phones in cases, I'd care more about looks and feel.