Wifi calling not turning on?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, id have to give them a call. Not sure if they'd get picky since its an unlocked phone and not a T-mobile unit.

I had a similar issue with an unlocked Nexus 6P and Verizon. I don't recall if it was greyed or just not available. It was one of the reasons I returned the Nexus.

Posted via the Android Central App

yomny Martinez

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
I had a similar issue with an unlocked Nexus 6P and Verizon. I don't recall if it was greyed or just not available. It was one of the reasons I returned the Nexus.

I did return it and anxiously waiting for my new one. It seems that the G5 is fully compatible with wi-fi calling from t-mobile even if its a non carrier branded unlocked phone, as per others reports.

yomny Martinez

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Turns out only carrier branded devices will have wifi calling available. Unlike the nexus devices which have wifi calling being a completely unlocked device. I tried two different unlocked models, one from best buy and the other got it through BH photo. Returned both and finally got my g5 through t-mobulr, working wifi calling and many other features.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Turns out only carrier branded devices will have wifi calling available. Unlike the nexus devices which have wifi calling being a completely unlocked device. I tried two different unlocked models, one from best buy and the other got it through BH photo. Returned both and finally got my g5 through t-mobulr, working wifi calling and many other features.

Nexus 6p did not have wifi calling on Verizon

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hmm.. i see, i had t-mobile and had both Vvm and WiFi calling. I had mine early may but i guess different carriers do different things.

Verizon sucks when it comes to phone features. They even disable the FM radios built into phones.

mikeleto83

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
My Verizon G5 has Wifi calling and it works but poorly. People can't hear me and calls are choppy on Wi-fi. I have disabled it and I'm having much better coverage now.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My Verizon G5 has Wifi calling and it works but poorly. People can't hear me and calls are choppy on Wi-fi. I have disabled it and I'm having much better coverage now.

Odd......mine is crystal clear.....are you on a solid wifi connection?

mikeleto83

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Happens at home and at work. It's been frustrating. Ever since I disabled wifi calling it works better talking on the phone but I can't use Wi-Fi calling anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge