No outgoing call ring on car bluetooth

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
As the title says I can't hear any ringing on bluetooth calls. If I switch over to phone speaker it works fine. From what I'm reading its a MM 6.0 issue. Just wanted to male sure I'm not the only one. Haven't tried bluetooth earpiece to see if that's an issue. The call itself is fine but I hear nothing till sunshine picks up.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The "outgoing call ring" is called the ringback. It's a tone generated by your carrier's central office and sent to your phone (land-line or mobile). Bring it to them and ask if they can determine why you don't get a ringback on that line. (They can actually set things up - if they really know how to play with the system - to prevent you from getting a ringback. It's preferable in a few specialized cases.)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The "outgoing call ring" is called the ringback. It's a tone generated by your carrier's central office and sent to your phone (land-line or mobile). Bring it to them and ask if they can determine why you don't get a ringback on that line. (They can actually set things up - if they really know how to play with the system - to prevent you from getting a ringback. It's preferable in a few specialized cases.)

It only happens on bluetooth in the car so I don't think that's the case. What little research I have one suggests Marshmallow issue. I was hoping to hear from sunshine with a G5 that has or doesn't have the same issue.

Matt Valenzuela

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey this is Matt from Sprint. I don't think this is necessarily a Sprint specific issue but I do have experience with all sorts of handsets and have used several MM 6.0 handsets successfully in my in-car BT including Nexus 5x and 6p and have never had an issue with hearing outgoing ringback. I will try and test with the G5 also and see what happens. Have you only tested in your car? Have you tried it in other BT enabled cars?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey this is Matt from Sprint. I don't think this is necessarily a Sprint specific issue but I do have experience with all sorts of handsets and have used several MM 6.0 handsets successfully in my in-car BT including Nexus 5x and 6p and have never had an issue with hearing outgoing ringback. I will try and test with the G5 also and see what happens. Have you only tested in your car? Have you tried it in other BT enabled cars?

It started working but not on all calls.
I'm training to remember if my old phone ever did it. Research I've done. Indicates MM 6.0 may be the culprit. Not sure if it varies by carrier and or incompatibility with vehicle.