LG G5 AUX Static

Ki11aby7e

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I am experiencing this weird audio problem with my device. I bought the LG G5 yesterday and was wondering if anyone hears a loud static when plugging your phone to your car audio via AUX. I ruled out the cables with works fine on other devices in my house. I plugged in a pair of headphones directly into the phone and no static. I even plugged in a mp3 player in my car to see if the deck was going bad, and no static. Only when I plug in my phone I hear a loud static. Anyone else tried this out?

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I am experiencing this weird audio problem with my device. I bought the LG G5 yesterday and was wondering if anyone hears a loud static when plugging your phone to your car audio via AUX. I ruled out the cables with works fine on other devices in my house. I plugged in a pair of headphones directly into the phone and no static. I even plugged in a mp3 player in my car to see if the deck was going bad, and no static. Only when I plug in my phone I hear a loud static. Anyone else tried this out?

There's a good chance you're picking up static interference from a different source close by.
Is this a persistent sound that's dependant on the decibel level? Or maybe when you have the volume set to 0 it goes away & starts picking up when you move the volume up to one?

I tend to shy away from using the AUX cable in the car, it hardly ever gives you any track info on the console. You always end up having to look at your phone for info.

Ki11aby7e

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
The static gradually gets louder when I Increase the volume on my phone. I thought it was a static interference from a different source but had no problems before i traded in my phone yesterday. Could it possibly be the fact that they moved the headphone jack from the bottom to the top that's causing the problem? Maybe the antenna is too close to the headphone jack and its causing interference with my deck?

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The static gradually gets louder when I Increase the volume on my phone. I thought it was a static interference from a different source but had no problems before i traded in my phone yesterday. Could it possibly be the fact that they moved the headphone jack from the bottom to the top that's causing the problem? Maybe the antenna is too close to the headphone jack and its causing interference with my deck?

I highly doubt it's an inherent property of the phone since I can safely confirm that my G5 produces no static at all while it's hooked up to the AUX in the car. I would first try it out in another car. If the problem persists, take it back to the store & get another one. If you tell them what's going on they can exchange it for you.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I got static too. I went up to best buy to buy a Bluetooth converter so I can Bluetooth my music. But my stupid self got a FM Transmitter instead..smh. Ill be taking it back tomorrow and grabbi g the Bluetooth converter.

Xxx14913

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I got static too. I went up to best buy to buy a Bluetooth converter so I can Bluetooth my music. But my stupid self got a FM Transmitter instead..smh. Ill be taking it back tomorrow and grabbi g the Bluetooth converter.

I have the same exact problem!!! So its not just my car or aux cable!! Have a pioneer deck. Just got done using my upgrade at Tmobile to get the same exact phone.. It still has the same static!!............. Why LG whyyyyy.

Ki11aby7e

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Alright so I went back to T-mobile and the guy tried his phone on my deck and there was no static. I tried my phone in his car and there was no static. I'm at loss for words lol This makes no sense how my phone plugged into my deck doesn't seem to work, when my V10 worked perfectly yesterday. But I ended up buying a Bluetooth transmitter from Best Buy and was able to get this phone work.

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I just got my phone yesterday, my phone has the static issue. Its also not recognizing my headphones . The phone says they are plugged in one minute and not another .

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
No just normal headphones, I've tried a few pairs. Some work ,some don't. To go back to the aux static, I get a lot of static but can hear the music slightly in the background

Chiggin4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem too! Had no issue with my Moto X yesterday, but now I receive the same fuzzy static sound using the same cable with my LG G5. No issue with my Scull Candy headphones, just the auxiliary cable in my car.

Posted via the Android Central App

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I had an issue with my G3 where I had static sometimes. Usually an unplug, replug fix. That said, not nearly as bad as the Motorola Droid Bionic audio issue. I also only noticed it with one pair of headphones.

No issues on my G5 with Sony MDR-V6's or plugging it into my car stereo.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Nice cans! I like Sony's sound signature. I got myself the MDR-1ABT's for Xmas....love 'em!! I didn't pay full price for them either, lol. :)
I got mine on an Amazon deal of the day for about $50. I'm not sure I could get better sound at anywhere near that price.

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
So I see people saying they're just buying a bluetooth transmitter. My car stereo has a audio jack and usb in the face. Any suggestions on what to buy ? I don't want a big box hanging from a aux cable either. Thanks

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So I see people saying they're just buying a bluetooth transmitter. My car stereo has a audio jack and usb in the face. Any suggestions on what to buy ? I don't want a big box hanging from a aux cable either. Thanks

If you have been getting the same static on different systems, then it's time for an exchange. It might be the case of a bad batch still lingering around. You should never have to comprise for a device that should work as advertised.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I just got my phone yesterday, my phone has the static issue. Its also not recognizing my headphones . The phone says they are plugged in one minute and not another .

Are you sure they are all the way in?
Mine were working but I thought the Jack was too loose. I didn't have it all the way in.....I pushed a little harder and noticed that they click when inserted properly

Posted via the Android Central App

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
The aux cord is all the way in. I've tried 2 different cords . I've plugged it into other speaker with the aux cord and its fine. Seems to be just my car radio. I have a Sony cdx-gt700hd unit.

AWD38

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Having the same problem too with a G5 I picked up today. Everything that outputs sound gives me static on my car aux, (headphones work fibe), except the "Music" app, playing the LG theme, no static at all...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781