Has anyone been able to successfully rooted an LG G5? I would like some assistance in root mine.
    04-04-2016 02:44 PM
    You can download the app One Click Root and it will tell you there is no root for LG G5 yet but that it will notify you when there is.
    04-05-2016 10:47 PM
    Anyone who knows anything about this site (or company) AnyRooter Official - The Most Powerful Rooting Tool Provider I'm a little suspicious about this one. The site has a lot of dead links, like the ones to support and contact. It makes me wonder what this really is... It sounds to good to be true, or??

I was hopeful when I found the site but now I'm in doubts.
    04-06-2016 03:49 AM
    Not yet.

The G5's bootloader is locked, and LG has no word on whether their official bootloader unlock tool will support the G5 (ever since it was introduced, it only supported one phone, and that was the European H815 G4). However, one variant has an easily-unlockable bootloader, and that's the H830 variant of the G5 sold by T-Mobile.

Given how simple it is to unlock the bootloader (Just enable OEM Unlock in developer settings and type "fastboot oem unlock" in ADB), TWRP and root should come for it pretty quickly. As for the other variants, unless LG opens up bootloader unlocking to other variants, it's a hard call.
    04-06-2016 04:03 AM
    Anyone who knows anything about this site (or company) AnyRooter Official - The Most Powerful Rooting Tool Provider I'm a little suspicious about this one. The site has a lot of dead links, like the ones to support and contact. It makes me wonder what this really is... It sounds to good to be true, or??

I was hopeful when I found the site but now I'm in doubts.
    I didn't go to the site but for me if the root/boot loader unlock process isn't posted on XDA by a respected member of that community, I'm not risking it.

If/when the G5 gets rooted, it will show up on XDA.
    04-06-2016 08:12 AM
    Of course, after ganing root access on your phone device, you'll have control over your phone app than before, root telephpne for android users are very important , i suggest you can use a professional rooting tool to do , to prevent telephone appear some adverse reaction,
    11-02-2016 01:20 AM
    You can try Kingroot as this root app can be used for almost android phone models.
    11-05-2016 02:03 AM
    You can try Kingroot as this root app can be used for almost android phone models.
    I almost bricked my tablet bcoz of this one.
    11-05-2016 03:02 PM
    I almost bricked my tablet bcoz of this one.
    I work in IT and have never rooted or jailbroke a phone. The risk of bricking it to me is too much for a newer device. Now if it were a generation or 2 old and you dont care too much if you brick it then for it. To use it on prepaid or on an overseas trip where it could get lost or stolen thats different
    11-07-2016 04:52 PM
    I work in IT and have never rooted or jailbroke a phone. The risk of bricking it to me is too much for a newer device. Now if it were a generation or 2 old and you dont care too much if you brick it then for it. To use it on prepaid or on an overseas trip where it could get lost or stolen thats different
    I work in IT too and have always rooted my phones. Never bricked one ever.
    03-31-2017 06:02 AM
    I work in IT too and have always rooted my phones. Never bricked one ever.
    Nice answer

Me too, work in IT,
    Always root my android phone (or jailbreak my iphone)..never bricked one too...
    no root, no phone for me LOL

BTW, someone gonna give his LG G5 for me, so I'd like to ask the same question as the OP.

Plus: among some variant of G5, which one (or two, or three) is/are the easiest to be rooted?
    Ty
    05-13-2018 11:16 AM