LG G5 Priority Volume and other picked nits, any thoughts?

CMercs

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
LG G5 Priority Volume and other picked nits

I'm switching from my Xperia Z3 to the LG G5. What I miss already;

1. Volume rocker on Z3 allows you to turn off all sound or just allow priority sounds for a custom period of time or infinity just by pressing the volume rocker. I thought this was an Android thing but I can't find anything like it on my LGG5.

2. Call Dialer / Contacts sucks in comparison. It's more clicks to make a call and harder to find the right person and number to call using the key pad and there's not even a Smart Favorites bar which was the primary way I made calls. People's pictures that I called the most appeared right in my dialer. As did my call log. I almost have to memorize numbers again. It has me looking at custom dialers which I've never done (and sadly Google's dialer isn't public yet).

3. Most other things aren't productivity affecting (I like the way Sony did the notifications bar better, being able to pick a blue tooth device or wifi access point without having to go into settings, but I can get use to the LG way).

The first two are critical to me though. I got real used to being able to turn off the volume for a period of time. And I have to find another dialer that has the features I want without nickle and diming me to death.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Just to be clear my questions are; Is there a way to get the volume priority control on the G5 and is there a way to get a dynamic favorites list on the G5.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463