I have had my LG G5 since April 3rd (my Sprint store got theirs a day early!). Other than a few weird oddities in the quality of the build, I've been VERY happy with the phone.

I think my main gripe is with the always-on display. I love the concept, but it is just way too dim to read. Even right now, I'm sitting in a dimly lit room and my phone is right in front of me; I can't read the display very well.

It just seems like it doesn't adjust to ambient lighting very well. Has anyone else noticed this? I've searched Google for the issue and I can't find anyone else that's reporting it...
    sswitzer likes this.
    04-05-2016 09:39 PM
    Its definitely a bit dim and I believe that is largely by design to conserve battery life. It would be nice if LG gave the user the ability to control the brightness of the always on display.
    04-05-2016 09:55 PM
    I have had my LG G5 since April 3rd (my Sprint store got theirs a day early!). Other than a few weird oddities in the quality of the build, I've been VERY happy with the phone.

I think my main gripe is with the always-on display. I love the concept, but it is just way too dim to read. Even right now, I'm sitting in a dimly lit room and my phone is right in front of me; I can't read the display very well.

It just seems like it doesn't adjust to ambient lighting very well. Has anyone else noticed this? I've searched Google for the issue and I can't find anyone else that's reporting it...
    I have noticed the ambient light sensor on the top. Technically it should get brighter with dark lighting, but it's not easy to notice with the naked eye. The V10 had something similar going on with the second display on the top, the display was never bright enough, and the user never had access to change the brightness. They keep the brightness low so it wouldn't affect the battery life as much. We might be lucky if we get a half baked custom rom that would let the user change the brightness or even better change the color to our preference.
    04-05-2016 10:22 PM

I agree that it is dim but I am ok with it

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-05-2016 11:41 PM