How to shoot 4k video on LG G5

Umzling

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I am on the Verizon network. I have searched the online manual and 4k video is not mentioned. The reviews show examples but I can't find the setting for it. I need this as I am taking a video class. Thanks.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I am on the Verizon network. I have searched the online manual and 4k video is not mentioned. The reviews show examples but I can't find the setting for it. I need this as I am taking a video class. Thanks.

I never really thought about it but I can't find anything in the settings

Posted via the Android Central App

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't that be the "UHD" setting. Tap the gear, then the "16x9" box and that will drop down 2 lines: one for the aspect ratio of the still pictures and one for the video resolution. Listed modes are "HD", "FHD", and "UHD", which should correspond to 720p, 1080p, and 4K.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Tap Settings.

Tap 16:9 (4:3 if you shoot that way).

Photo settings are on the left, video settings are on the right.

Tap UHD.

Umzling

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Found it. Thank you. I did have the setting already and didn't realize it, because it uses HD, FHD and UHD instead of the actual numbers.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Wouldn't that be the "UHD" setting. Tap the gear, then the "16x9" box and that will drop down 2 lines: one for the aspect ratio of the still pictures and one for the video resolution. Listed modes are "HD", "FHD", and "UHD", which should correspond to 720p, 1080p, and 4K.

Now that you mention it I remember seeing those settings

tabberkev

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if a usual class 10 microSD will be ok for recording 4k video? Or will you need one of the new UHS-I class 1 or 3 cards?

Or does the G5 record to internal memory as it goes, and move over to the SD card as fast as it can in the background, so it doesn't matter. I assume there is a way of saying to store pictures and videos on SD, as i've never actually had an Android phone with an SD slot before (Until my G5 arrives). You dont have to move them manually afterwards do you ?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if a usual class 10 microSD will be ok for recording 4k video? Or will you need one of the new UHS-I class 1 or 3 cards?

Or does the G5 record to internal memory as it goes, and move over to the SD card as fast as it can in the background, so it doesn't matter. I assume there is a way of saying to store pictures and videos on SD, as i've never actually had an Android phone with an SD slot before (Until my G5 arrives). You dont have to move them manually afterwards do you ?

Yes...you can specify to save to SD

tabberkev

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Mike, and from looking at another thread, someone seems to say a class 10 is fine. So guess i'll be going for one of those then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae