05-06-2016 04:11 PM
111 1234 ...
tools
    The GS7 doesn't have a removable battery or USB C. It all depends on what works for you.
    Ok. And the G5 isn't waterproof and doesn't have wireless charging...
    04-13-2016 02:26 PM
    Lol. How can it not stack up to a phone that isn't even in the wild yet?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-13-2016 03:10 PM
    Dude, you responded to my response from where you said this the first time.

I'm just saying it's a different set of options. Options are good. A different set of options give people choice. Choice is good. It gives company's methods of marketing to differentiate themselves for the competition. It's just a different phone, an option.
    04-13-2016 04:37 PM
    Lol. How can it not stack up to a phone that isn't even in the wild yet?

I don't see what is wrong with that. Are we not able to form an opinion based on specs and first impressions?
    04-14-2016 12:55 AM
    It's the only NEW LG phone aside from the V10 that does ANYTHING different.

I strongly dislike the G5 TV commercials with the random stunts and hipster music, but I can applaud it for actually standing out in design. Give it time... Not many modular smartphones exist, case makers could bring something fantastic to the table. Once Google ATAP actually releases their modular ARA device to the public (whether or not you believe so, does not affect me one bit), LG will already have an improved G6 with better modules... Competition, innovation.
    collyesta likes this.
    04-14-2016 01:18 AM
    Yea, I think it's important to give the LG some time to improve things. In my opinion, when samsung tried something new with the s6, it didn't really work since there were too many features missing: ram management wasn't good and battery life was dreadful, no sd card... Overall one could say the s6 was a fail, but now with the s7 they improved so much! Perhaps the same will happen with the G5. The G6 (or even the V11) might fix many of the problems and as technology develops this modular way of doing things might actually kick off and thus hopefully be perfected and actually made useful.
    04-14-2016 03:43 AM
    It's the only NEW LG phone aside from the V10 that does ANYTHING different.

I strongly dislike the G5 TV commercials with the random stunts and hipster music, but I can applaud it for actually standing out in design. Give it time... Not many modular smartphones exist, case makers could bring something fantastic to the table. Once Google ATAP actually releases their modular ARA device to the public (whether or not you believe so, does not affect me one bit), LG will already have an improved G6 with better modules... Competition, innovation.
    I remember having a case that split into two.....top and bottom

04-14-2016 04:40 AM
    You can say that you prefer certain features certainly. You can say water proofing is more important to me than a replaceable battery. But it's kinda silly to say phone A is clearly superior to phone B by looking at promo material. What's even funnier is that when you're talking HTC 10 it's the same screen technology, same processor, same amount of RAM. How are you making a decision about performance without using both?

Opinions are fine when qualified as such. Definitive blanket statements based on no real data other than a spec sheet when so many of the variables are the same is comical.

04-14-2016 07:44 AM
    The S7 is NOT waterproof. check your facts. And good luck getting Samsung to warranty one with water damage.
    04-14-2016 09:20 AM
    04-14-2016 04:13 PM
    I was an LG fan coming from a G3 originally.... But not so sure now. Sammy is not an option for me.
    I'm still an LG fan but the likelihood of me ever buying LG a phone again is almost none. The G4 already proved to be a hardware nightmare with software that was barely bearable. The G5, with all the reported quality problems already at launch to go along the worst Android UI of all (well, apart from those Chinese iPhone-rip offs) is just too much.

Samsung was never an option for me...until the G4 cut the remaining options. I ended up getting an S7 and I have to tell you, from someone who has hated Samsung almost as much as Apple these last few years, the S7 has surprised me quite positively. Will it turn me into a Samsung fanboy? Absolutely not. But I honestly have no issues recommending the S7 to a friend. It's pretty much the first Samsung phone I don't mind recommending.
    04-14-2016 06:41 PM
    I love how people that don't even have the phone call it a fail. This phone completely blows my old g4 out of the water in performance and thats without even getting remotely warm unlike the G4. The v10 was definitely a step up from the G4 (I had them both) but it was heavy and the AOD at the top made the form factor so much taller than it needed to be. I'm not saying the phone is perfect but it performs MUCH better than its predecessors.
    With all due respect, the G4 was crappy in performance so the G5 beating it is not only expected, but it's super easy to do. With that being said I don't think the G5 is a complete fail but i think they clearly don't have the best flagship this year. Neither did they last year too.
    04-14-2016 07:38 PM
    I don't think the G5 is a complete 100% failure.

But I think they stumbled quite a bit with this one as I feel that they focused too much on the modules (which are still more of a gimmick right now and has an uncertain future) and didn't really focus all that much on the core experience.
    04-14-2016 08:52 PM
    Phone is fine for me. It let's me watch youtube, netflix, hulu, makes calls and texts.
    For that matter, a $25 Moto E will do the same. Sure the camera isn't in the same league, but even cheap smartphones will do all the things you mentioned. I will never again pay more than $300 for a phone. $700 is insane.
    04-14-2016 10:11 PM
    I have a g5 in hand, I love it, also almost everyone wether it be online or in real life who has a g5 (besides reviewers) love it. I didn't buy it for modularity, its just a bonus. And why does it get more hate for a metal desgin than the g4 did for plastic? Also, its faster than the s7 throughout the ui but still seen as a failure... Odd, right? Ps: Who honestly take looks over functionality, really guys
    Grizzly_Atoms and ngerber999 like this.
    04-14-2016 10:57 PM
    I live in this weird world where I think most of the major phones are good.

Lots of them don't appeal to me but that doesn't make them a failure.
    Fengshuistein and sangs like this.
    04-14-2016 10:58 PM
    Long time iPhone owner here coming from the 6S, and I'm pretty happy with the phone. The only reason I switched over was because my new car only has Android Auto, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I did own an HTC One M7 for a while and found it to be a good phone as well. It has a few wonky features, and the Apple app store is far superior, but performance and build quality is just fine with me. Android Auto on the other hand has been quite a let down in my car (2017 Hyunda Santa Fe.)
    04-15-2016 02:10 AM
    I have a g5 in hand, I love it, also almost everyone wether it be online or in real life who has a g5 (besides reviewers) love it. I didn't buy it for modularity, its just a bonus. And why does it get more hate for a metal desgin than the g4 did for plastic? Also, its faster than the s7 throughout the ui but still seen as a failure... Odd, right? Ps: Who honestly take looks over functionality, really guys
    Faster than the S7 throughout the UI? According to whom?
    04-15-2016 07:22 AM
    A big fail is not putting USB C on your flagship phones

04-15-2016 07:32 AM
    Far from a complete fail. Loving this phone. Getting tired of all the negative reviews bc of a bad batch. Mine is flawless and runs like butter. Camera is amazing. Feels great in the hand and removable battery and up two terabytes of storage gets an A+ in my book. I applaud LG for actually coming up with someone knew and not just remaking their same design and slapping a new number on it. I have had every Samsung up until the note 5 and I'm tired of spending money on an exactly same device with 2 added features.
    KoukiFC3S, jrham, akuma13 and 2 others like this.
    04-15-2016 12:29 PM
    I'm actually tempted to get this phone, however all the reports of build quality concerns have frightened me a little. On a positive note, the ui looks really fast, even faster than htc10 and it has removable battery...
    04-15-2016 05:08 PM
    I'm actually tempted to get this phone, however all the reports of build quality concerns have frightened me a little. On a positive note, the ui looks really fast, even faster than htc10 and it has removable battery...
    If you do, scrutinize the crap out of it before you buy. If you find anything questionable or not to your liking, don't buy, or ask for another. LG has quality control issues as we all know by now.

Short of unforeseen circumstances, this might supplant the Nexus 5 as my favorite phone ever.
    mwake4goten likes this.
    04-15-2016 05:18 PM
    Faster than HTC 10???? Can you support this statement bc from what I have read and seen, the HTC 10 is faster....
    04-15-2016 11:08 PM
    Faster than HTC 10???? Can you support this statement bc from what I have read and seen, the HTC 10 is faster....
    I don't know. The only phone I've had with the Snapdragon 820/4 gigs of ram is the G5. I'm not saying it's faster than any phone, but I'd put it up against any phone.
    04-16-2016 02:45 AM
    Man. I think the G5 is great. I had the s7 edge for s bit and prefer the G5 for a few reasons. I don't know if it's because I'm in Canada and we got the phone a week later but my device build is flawless. Yes I admit it doesn't feel as premium as the s7edge or iPhone but it's close enough.

I don't see any of these issues everyone is talking about.
    gendo667 and zkyevolved like this.
    04-16-2016 05:59 AM
111 1234 ...