Just got my G5 over the weekend. I really like it so far, but came across a couple questions that I haven't been able to figure out for myself:

- Is there a way to make the home button bar transparent? This is something I noticed right away as a difference from the G4. The buttons have a solid background, which changes based on the colors used in whichever app you have open. I much prefer just a transparent background behind the buttons, which gave a more seamless feel.

- On the "always on" display, is there any way to add the battery percentage to the view? I think this would be really helpful for seeing how my battery's doing at a glance.
    04-25-2016 07:50 AM
    Without root, I'm not sure you can do either.
    04-25-2016 12:10 PM
    Just got my G5 over the weekend. I really like it so far, but came across a couple questions that I haven't been able to figure out for myself:

- Is there a way to make the home button bar transparent? This is something I noticed right away as a difference from the G4. The buttons have a solid background, which changes based on the colors used in whichever app you have open. I much prefer just a transparent background behind the buttons, which gave a more seamless feel.

- On the "always on" display, is there any way to add the battery percentage to the view? I think this would be really helpful for seeing how my battery's doing at a glance.
    The home button bar will need root, for sure.. I use the app Battery Widget Reborn, and when I set it up to show in the notification bar, it shows on my AOD, alongside Accuweather showing the current temp..
    04-26-2016 08:30 AM
    The home button bar will need root, for sure.. I use the app Battery Widget Reborn, and when I set it up to show in the notification bar, it shows on my AOD, alongside Accuweather showing the current temp..
    Good call! I guess whatever shows up as a notification will show up in AOD, including persistent notifications (like weather and battery). Thanks for the tip.

Posted via Android Central App
    Stephen33 likes this.
    04-27-2016 08:56 PM
    So glad I read this now as I was really missing the battery percentage on Always On Display since coming from the s7 edge.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-12-2016 06:28 AM