LG G5 ain't so bad you know

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I don't know why is there so many criticism regarding the phone
All the features were cool and snazzy(and it won awards too you know)
Personally, I think with it's ergonomics and modularity, its a pretty good phone that doesn't deserve hate.

Posted via the Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to be trying out the LGG5 and the Nexus 6P. Split between them so far....just gotta get down to my local store and fondle the store models when they get them in.

I super stoked, I must admit, about the removable battery on the G5. We shall see!

Chris

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to be trying out the LGG5 and the Nexus 6P. Split between them so far....just gotta get down to my local store and fondle the store models when they get them in.

I super stoked, I must admit, about the removable battery on the G5. We shall see!

Chris

6p is nice but it's not fun to hold with small hands. Also I'm on Verizon and had to use a third party app for visual Voicemail and could not enable WiFi calling.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
6p is nice but it's not fun to hold with small hands. Also I'm on Verizon and had to use a third party app for visual Voicemail and could not enable WiFi calling.

I have large hands....this would be no issue. As well as, I don't use wifi calling, and have no issue with 3rd party VM. I'll have 14 days, on whatever device I choose :-D We shall see.

Chris

paulbbp

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I think it's a nice phone, not sure why there are so many complaints. No question I would buy again.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I used to be quite against the G5; but now I do not mind it as much. However, even though I dislike the device, I never shun someone for buying it - it's their money, right? - and the phone obviously has merit.

People need to relax about the phones "they don't like." You dislike the G5? Great. It's your right dislike it if you want to; but you don't need to be broadcasting your hatred for it and blasting those who do like it and buy it.

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
The G5 has been a great phone. No issues or hardware problems to report so far after my first week. It gets me about 5 hrs SoT everyday without trouble. I really don't know why people hate on the phone as much as they do.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
So no one has had any physical issues after the fact? Like chipping of the paint or scuffing because you have a case on it or something like that? That is my biggest concern. I have had many many devices over the years and I always kept them in 100% condition because of a case and screen protector - seeing how easily this device scratched worried me. I even saw a person scratch it with a fingernail :'(

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So no one has had any physical issues after the fact? Like chipping of the paint or scuffing because you have a case on it or something like that? That is my biggest concern. I have had many many devices over the years and I always kept them in 100% condition because of a case and screen protector - seeing how easily this device scratched worried me. I even saw a person scratch it with a fingernail :'(

Where was the fingernail scratch?
I thought I scratched mine on-screen but I actually scratched a clear protector that I didn't realize it was still on the phone. I had left the protector on the front and back of the bottom piece.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site

No chips in the paint, no scuffing. Going with no case. Had mine since 4/2.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
No chips in the paint, no scuffing. Going with no case. Had mine since 4/2.
That's good news. I really enjoy my S7E but something feels missing from the camera that I used to have on my LG G4! I'm thinking of ordering the G5 and testing it out... I know build quality won't be up to par, and screen will be smaller and dimmer. But damn does LG know how to make a great camera and camera UI.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Where was the fingernail scratch?
I thought I scratched mine on-screen but I actually scratched a clear protector that I didn't realize it was still on the phone. I had left the protector on the front and back of the bottom piece.

I saw it on a post on another forum. It wasn't here.

I think scratching your screen protector is something normal and shouldn't worry about it so much. But actually scratching the screen terrifies me! Lol. Or even the back. I always love having a pristine device.

Thanks for your input!

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
That's good news. I really enjoy my S7E but something feels missing from the camera that I used to have on my LG G4! I'm thinking of ordering the G5 and testing it out... I know build quality won't be up to par, and screen will be smaller and dimmer. But damn does LG know how to make a great camera and camera UI.

I don't know if you've handled a G5 yet, but the build is good. I know it's not gonna be the same as a GS7, but it's not like people make it out to be. Quality control aside, the phone feels good, in my opinion. And the screen is good. It's different, but it's good.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if you've handled a G5 yet, but the build is good. I know it's not gonna be the same as a GS7, but it's not like people make it out to be. Quality control aside, the phone feels good, in my opinion.
I had one for 6 hours. It really disappointed me, but I know it wasn't the same as a good one. I had the following issues with mine :

The sim tray wasn't flush, it was very recessed into the body. Very strange to hold on to it and feel a hole in the side.

Un even paint had bubbles and lifts.

I received it on a Friday at 12.00, went to work at 3 and then got home and returned it Saturday first thing in the morning.

So now I'm debating getting another and trying it out. But I'm not sure if I'll see that big of a difference in camera quality from the G5 compared to my current S7E... We are talking about two of the best devices on the market.

Edit: another issue I had was the magic slot wasn't even. So when I held it, it felt like it was digging into my hand (not like the sides, those were ok. I mean this left and edge up and it felt like a sharp metallic object in my skin...)

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I had one for 6 hours. It really disappointed me, but I know it wasn't the same as a good one. I had the following issues with mine :

The sim tray wasn't flush, it was very recessed into the body. Very strange to hold on to it and feel a hole in the side.

Un even paint had bubbles and lifts.

I received it on a Friday at 12.00, went to work at 3 and then got home and returned it Saturday first thing in the morning.

So now I'm debating getting another and trying it out. But I'm not sure if I'll see that big of a difference in camera quality from the G5 compared to my current S7E... We are talking about two of the best devices on the market.

Edit: another issue I had was the magic slot wasn't even. So when I held it, it felt like it was digging into my hand (not like the sides, those were ok. I mean this left and edge up and it felt like a sharp metallic object in my skin...)

https://youtu.be/o0-qr55iK2g

This guy has a solution for you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463