Got my G5 yesterday and started the tedious task of moving everything over from my G3. I have a 64GB SD card that is about 75% used. I didn't just want to move that card over since I want to have my old phone running until everything is set up on the new one. So the G5 got an empty 64GB SD card.

To my disappointment the Android File Transfer for Mac OS doesn't seem to work with Marshmallow, can't get it to find my phone, tried different settings but nothing worked.

With some search I found iSkysofts Phone Transfer that works with the G5, unfortunately it doesn't recognize the SD card and there fore want's to only copy what it can find on the internal memory. That program is made for all kind of phones and since LG is almost alone offering SD cards that possibility is not available with this program.

So what's left now is just a simple putting the SD Card in may mac and do some plain file copying.

Other than that I'm satisfied with the phone, it feels good in my hand.

Jan
    the tall guy and JanuarJaguar like this.
    05-04-2016 07:22 AM
    Got my G5 yesterday and started the tedious task of moving everything over from my G3. I have a 64GB SD card that is about 75% used. I didn't just want to move that card over since I want to have my old phone running until everything is set up on the new one. So the G5 got an empty 64GB SD card.

To my disappointment the Android File Transfer for Mac OS doesn't seem to work with Marshmallow, can't get it to find my phone, tried different settings but nothing worked.

With some search I found iSkysofts Phone Transfer that works with the G5, unfortunately it doesn't recognize the SD card and there fore want's to only copy what it can find on the internal memory. That program is made for all kind of phones and since LG is almost alone offering SD cards that possibility is not available with this program.

So what's left now is just a simple putting the SD Card in may mac and do some plain file copying.

Other than that I'm satisfied with the phone, it feels good in my hand.

Jan
    Hi Jan,

Glad you like the G5, it's an awesome device. How do you find the software compared to the G3? is there anything you miss from the G3 that the G5 doesn't have?
    05-04-2016 07:54 AM
    Well, I haven't used it that much yet. Still moving everything over :-) It takes time to download my SD card backup from Dropbox. I don't have that folder locally on my Mac.

But what I've seen so far it looks great, the camera seems to be awesome. I got the Cam module as a bonus for ordering early. One problem there is that none of the covers work with the Cam module. I have rubber covers and I have figured that I can cut one apart so that the rest of the phone still can be protected and the cam module can act as a cover too.
    the tall guy likes this.
    05-04-2016 09:32 AM
    Did LG backup not work? I've heard that zips everything up and moves over wifi between the two phones, along with lots of other stuff.
    05-05-2016 05:41 AM