Droid Life G5 write-up 5/3

VIKINGSSS

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, and the good part is that if the zombie apocalypse ever comes and the power goes out across the world and you have a hundred batteries saved up and charged, you can still play your favorite games until... you know... a zombie rips your face off... :p

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Maaaaan I have 2 iPhones at home. And I currently own an S6 edge. My brother has an HTC one m9. I tinker around all of these everyday. I don't feel any difference at all. Theyre all snappy enough for me to not notice anything.

So yes, the LG G5 might be as snappy as the iPhone. But so is my S6 edge. So is the M9. And there's the nexus line up as well.

Granted the G5 might have an edge over all of these other phones by a nano second. But come on. Speed is not an issue worth debating in 2016.

We can all agree that the G5 is a little snappier. And might have the best camera. But what then? Does that make it a premium piece of hardware? Does that make it the best designed phone? Does that make it the best android phone experience?

There are phones which are "trying" to deliver EVERYTHING today. Most of them are failing. But they're definitely trying to be the perfect smartphone.

I don't feeeeeeel like LG is trying. They tried it with the V10. They delivered in every single department.

You are right. G5 is the fastest out of all fast phones. It's the best camera out of all amazing camera phones. But that's where it ends. If that's what you want in a phone then the price is justified. Otherwise, no man.

The competition is so tough. You snooze you lose.

To be worth $600 today you need to have;

A thoughtful design
A premium feeling device
A great screen
Great battery life
Great software performance
Great camera
Great sound experience

And then you can add whatever you want to it. G5 nails the performance and camera.

But again, there are phones which are going all out in every department. AND THEN SOME.

Can't judge in a vacuum. Wish I could.

Posted via the Android Central App

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
We can all agree that the G5 is a little snappier. And might have the best camera. But what then? Does that make it a premium piece of hardware? Does that make it the best designed phone? Does that make it the best android phone experience?

Didn't say any of this stuff. And I don't begrudge anyone their Samsung/HTC/iPhone/whatever preference. I'm not saying anything is better than the other. It's just nice to see something positive written about a phone that I happen to love and hasn't gotten a fair shake. Just my opinion. Not trying to change hearts and minds. Cheers.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Didn't say any of this stuff. And I don't begrudge anyone their Samsung/HTC/iPhone/whatever preference. I'm not saying anything is better than the other. It's just nice to see something positive written about a phone that I happen to love and hasn't gotten a fair shake. Just my opinion. Not trying to change hearts and minds. Cheers.

But almost everybody agrees on that and I've heard and seen everybody say that.

I don't know why you're so upset about people not showing love to this phone. Even if you think it's only rational that they do so. I have owned plenty of phones which haven't been popular with the masses but I loved them because they did what I needed them to do.

Having said that I accepted that they lacked many things and had a lot of room for improvement.

Hell I use the S6 edge right now and I know that the battery life sucks and the software isn't as snappy as many other phones and the built itself is so fragile that I can't use it without a case. But I love it so much!

Used the Sony xperia z3. Loved every bit of it. The reviewers hated it.

Used the Droid Turbo. Loved the camera. Reviewers hated it.

Used the M8. Loved the camera. Reviewers showed no love to it.

All of these phones are very dear to me. I've had such good times with them. So... just accept what's wrong with the phone and enjoy the good stuff.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
But almost everybody agrees on that and I've heard and seen everybody say that.

I don't know why you're so upset about people not showing love to this phone. Even if you think it's only rational that they do so. I have owned plenty of phones which haven't been popular with the masses but I loved them because they did what I needed them to do.

Having said that I accepted that they lacked many things and had a lot of room for improvement.

Hell I use the S6 edge right now and I know that the battery life sucks and the software isn't as snappy as many other phones and the built itself is so fragile that I can't use it without a case. But I love it so much!

Used the Sony xperia z3. Loved every bit of it. The reviewers hated it.

Used the Droid Turbo. Loved the camera. Reviewers hated it.

Used the M8. Loved the camera. Reviewers showed no love to it.

All of these phones are very dear to me. I've had such good times with them. So... just accept what's wrong with the phone and enjoy the good stuff.

Dude, I'm not at all upset. I never said the phone is perfect. I never said that. I know it's not for everyone. I know it has problems.

Why are you so upset that I'm happy when the G5 gets some love? Why are you upset when I share the love in the G5 forums, with people that actually own the G5?

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Dude, I'm not at all upset. I never said the phone is perfect. I never said that. I know it's not for everyone. I know it has problems.

Why are you so upset that I'm happy when the G5 gets some love? Why are you upset when I share the love in the G5 forums, with people that actually own the G5?

Okay.

jek48

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site

A thoughtful design
A premium feeling device
A great screen
Great battery life
Great camera
Great sound experience

I couldn't care less about a "premium feeling device". I'll take a plastic back any day over a metal casing if it means I get to keep features like a replaceable battery. It reminds me of the years I'd spent listening to iphone owners who tried to convince me that a metal phone was superior to my plastic phone because that's what they had been told. Oddly enough, I just had a conversation with 2 iphone owners complaining about the batteries in their iphones just don't hold a charge like it used to. Meanwhile, my 2 year old S5 is running great with my new battery just like my friend with his Note 3 who was standing nearby.

Replace the premium feel with great storage.

tabberkev

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I agree with that. I LOVED the back on the nexus 5 (Ok so it wasn't a removable battery, but could easily have been). The rubbery plastic was so grippy and lovely to hold, and you didnt feel you needed a case. Metal and glass are slippery, and the latter is prone to breakage. The real irony is when people put a phone is a case that is definitely not going to be metal or glass, and suddenly that's ok. No-one ever complains about a horrible plasticky case. Strange isnt it.

JanuarJaguar

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site

Too much free time to spread a bunch of useless info.

Glad you like the device, and can understand your frustration.... I'm not a long time member here, but with all this negative (bashing) attitude by some forum members (who don't even saw the device in person), now had to select carefully which posts are worth the time to read.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

A thoughtful design
A premium feeling device
A great screen
Great battery life
Great camera
Great sound experience

You list 7 items that you feel make up the criteria to be worth 600 dollars and present that as fact.
In addition, many of the items you list are subjective and leave a lot to interpretation.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Too much free time to spread a bunch of useless info.

Glad you like the device, and can understand your frustration.... I'm not a long time member here, but with all this negative (bashing) attitude by some forum members (who don't even saw the device in person), now had to select carefully which posts are worth the time to read.

You LG people.

I just said the same thing you did. Read above. I said if you like the device then don't care about what others are saying.

And in turn you're hating on me because he's hating on me too. Glad to see that. Please everybody join in on the hate!

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
You list 7 items that you feel make up the criteria to be worth 600 dollars and present that as fact.
In addition, many of the items you list are subjective and leave a lot to interpretation.

Thats true. I was just referring to the few things which industry is providing customers with.

Everybody has there own definition of $600. I was giving you a perspective of a person who doesn't have them. And want them to buy a new phone.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
You LG people.

I just said the same thing you did. Read above. I said if you like the device then don't care about what others are saying.

And in turn you're hating on me because he's hating on me too. Glad to see that. Please everybody join in on the hate!

I don't see how you got hate out of anything I posted. I even gave one of your post a like the other day in another thread.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
"Why are you so upset that I'm happy when the G5 gets some love? Why are you upset when I share the love in the G5 forums, with people that actually own the G5?"

I was just being rational and trying to make you not care about what anybody says.

Anyways. Forget it. I'm sorry. I might have spoken in a bad manner. But my intention was well and I know it. I will leave this thread alone. I don't want to be the bearer of hate.

Cheers!

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
"Why are you so upset that I'm happy when the G5 gets some love? Why are you upset when I share the love in the G5 forums, with people that actually own the G5?"

I was just being rational and trying to make you not care about what anybody says.

It's not like that man. It's not about caring. It's about showing opinions. Different opinions. Like I said, the phone has received some bad press. Spreading differing opinions isn't a bad thing. An attempt at spreading information.

I bought the phone. With all the bad reviews, clearly I don't care, otherwise I never would have bought the device. I'm just trying to help people make informed decisions.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
It's not like that man. It's not about caring. It's about showing opinions. Different opinions. Like I said, the phone has received some bad press. Spreading differing opinions isn't a bad thing. An attempt at spreading information.

I bought the phone. With all the bad reviews, clearly I don't care, otherwise I never would have bought the device. I'm just trying to help people make informed decisions.

I understand. You're right. I completely agree with you. You should spread what's good about the product. And it will definitely help people looking for information on this one.

But the best way and the most affective one would be saying that, here, LG made these mistakes. This this and this isn't upto the standards. HOWEVER there's this this this this this this this this this this this and this which is absolutely amazing!

I don't see that. I see people saying that they don't care about what's wrong. And that what's wrong for one is good for the other. I get it. It is. But... you know what I'm saying.

Like you said before. You don't believe that the phone is perfect but it's still amazing. I know you did. Ahhhh... I think you know what I'm trying to say.

I agree with you though.
My opinion is that the build and design should've been better. Otherwise it's a perfect phone. Best camera. Best outdoors phone. Best performance. And the good things definitely out weigh the bad ones (bad for me). But they should make the build better. That's just how the industry works. First impressions are everything. It's not fair. But that's how it is.

Anyways. Apologies. Again. For spoiling your thread. Hahaha :) your intention was good too.

JanuarJaguar

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
You LG people.

I'm truly sorry, but after your ramblings, and showing little to no respect for other forum members, not going to read any of your future posts. Yes, you can do the same, sir, just leave your negativity at home, with that boring galaxy edge series, too (boring, as you have to bring it up almost every time, no matter what, where you are).

I'm just reading through some forums (iPhone 6S/SE; Galaxy Note line; LG V10/G5; BlackBerry), don't even start to look for a connection in it, but I'm one of: "You LG people." Do I have an imprint on my skin, saying Made by LG?

If you're not happy for someone else's joy, that's fine, but leave it that way, without poking and joking around.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this article, I totally agree! I'm very sensitive to a phone's performance and many don't live up to snuff. Samsung especially don't, and the 6p was fast for a couple weeks but started to bog down. I also agree with the article that the V10 was very snappy, but I think the G5 handily beats it. I've been very impressed so far!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this article, I totally agree! I'm very sensitive to a phone's performance and many don't live up to snuff. Samsung especially don't, and the 6p was fast for a couple weeks but started to bog down. I also agree with the article that the V10 was very snappy, but I think the G5 handily beats it. I've been very impressed so far!

Surprised that the 6P bogged down....I only had one for a week. I was afraid to hold on to it for 2 weeks because I didn't have a case on it. Had to be able to return it to best buy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12