How lg can improve on the g6

CellTheUltimateAndroid

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
It's easy
1. Stay with modules but make the metal feel like you know, actual metal

2. Get rid of those dumb friend accessories. If not, at least include some with the phone.

3. Make bezels smaller

4. Increase battery size to 3200 mah

5. The g5's screen blows. It looks so washed out and dim. In fact, somehow the g4 screen is better.
Get rid of the LCD for an amoled screen.

6. Give us a bloody exposure shortcut on the camera's auto mode and improve the cameras dynamic range.

7. For god's sake fix the ****ty ois.

8. Change the software ASAP. Make it like htc's. Make it as close to stock as possible. Get rid of the lg launcher and all the crappy lg apps and bloat.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's easy
1. Stay with modules but make the metal feel like you know, actual metal

2. Get rid of those dumb friend accessories. If not, at least include some with the phone.

3. Make bezels smaller

4. Increase battery size to 3200 mah

5. The g5's screen blows. It looks so washed out and dim. In fact, somehow the g4 screen is better.
Get rid of the LCD for an amoled screen.

6. Give us a bloody exposure shortcut on the camera's auto mode and improve the cameras dynamic range.

7. For god's sake fix the ****ty ois.

8. Change the software ASAP. Make it like htc's. Make it as close to stock as possible. Get rid of the lg launcher and all the crappy lg apps and bloat.

I don't know if you own a G5, but I think most of your improvements are a non event.

If a phone is metal....making it feel like metal doesn't change anything except the feel and not everyone cares.

The battery size is fine on this phone. This phone makes use of the battery very efficiently. The battery is removable, which solves any issues in how long it will last all day. And we also have fast charging.

The screen is fine and not everyone likes amoled.

Don't see any issues with the camera.

Posted via the Android Central App

JanuarJaguar

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
How LG can improve on the G6.... Is to wash their users' brain, telling them everything is nice and shines same as other manufacturers (eh, moneywhores) are doing to sell their units as world's number one goods.

Keep the great ideas coming, maybe LG will hire you, folks (I really hope not).

jek48

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
These are the 2 biggest things that make me hesitant to purchase the G5 (although I probably will).

1. Increase internal storage or allow app data to be stored on micro sd.

2. Change how the battery is changed out (if this proves to be a problem). It just seems like switching the batteries out often will create problems over the life of the phone.

3. The screen does seem dim compared to others. Brighten it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
These are the 2 biggest things that make me hesitant to purchase the G5 (although I probably will).

1. Increase internal storage or allow app data to be stored on micro sd.

2. Change how the battery is changed out (if this proves to be a problem). It just seems like switching the batteries out often will create problems over the life of the phone.

3. The screen does seem dim compared to others. Brighten it.

I had a lot of apps on my droid max 32 GB and never ran out of room despite having lots of photos, music and a few videos. Now that I have a sd card on the G5 that gives me even more room for apps.

They obviously can't change the battery configuration without going to a new model.

The screen works for me just the way it is.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I'd just say make the build and design better.

Those who say they don't care about the build WILL care once they get the best of it along with all the LG goodies.

When just even holding the phone becomes a joy, the phone starts off on the right foot. And I think we all know how important that is in this competing industry.

First impressions are everything.

The rest of the phone is perfect for me.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'd just say make the build and design better.

Those who say they don't care about the build WILL care once they get the best of it along with all the LG goodies.

When just even holding the phone becomes a joy, the phone starts off on the right foot. And I think we all know how important that is in this competing industry.

First impressions are everything.

The rest of the phone is perfect for me.

You are making the assumption that most of us that don't like the way this phone feels. Show me the numbers. I think it feels great to hold and I've tried quite a few.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
You are making the assumption that most of us that don't like the way this phone feels. Show me the numbers. I think it feels great to hold and I've tried quite a few.

Oh God.

I said those people who like the way it feels and don't care about the quality, once they do get a "better" build they will start appreciating it to the point that they will actually start looking for it in other phones or their next phones.

You don't even try to understand man. I didn't say that people don't like it. I said they like it the way it is (which isn't upto LG'S standards or their advertisement/aims) and will like it even more and care about it even more when they deliver on what they were going for. They advertised it as a metal unibody design for a reason. Because people want it.

Last edited:

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Oh God.

I said those people who like the way it feels and don't care about the quality, once they do get a "better" build they will start appreciating it to the point that they will actually start looking for it in other phones or their next phones.

You don't even try to understand man. I didn't say that people don't like it. I said they like it the way it is (which isn't upto LG'S standards or their advertisement/aims) and will like it even more and care about it even more when they deliver on what they were going for. They advertised it as metal unibody design for a reason. Because people want it.

You want the number? Count the number of G5s manufactured. Count the number of metallic phones manufactured. Count the number of phones using metal of some sort. Count the number because I can't.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh God.

You don't even try to understand man. I didn't say that people don't like it. I said they like it the way it is (which isn't upto LG'S standards or their advertisement/aims) and will like it even more and care about it even more when they deliver on what they were going for. They advertised it as a metal unibody design for a reason. Because people want it.

I disagree.... There is nothing wrong with the build quality.

tabberkev

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I have to agree, the feel of this phone is great. I don't want it to feel anything "More like metal". As i've said before, there is a reason phone cases aren't made of bare cold metal. Its not nice to hold.

The build quality of the phones the majority have ended up with is perfectly fine. The thing that started this is some reviewers got very dodgy ones, which frankly LG should have caught before they left the factory. I imagine they were under pressure to get it shipping given the G7 was out, and that is regrettable. Almost everyone that swapped a unit got one that was fine second time round from what I've read. Most of the noise on build quality and 'metal' is from non-owners.

For the G6, Lg have a bit of a conundrum. Do they risk a backlash if they fail to maintain compatibility with modules (albeit that there are only two), or maybe they could get away with some kind of trade in service for old modules. Increasing the battery size could still maintain compatibility with the same form factor and modules, as long as they can make the battery denser. I imagine they could make it slightly wider or longer as long as the lugs were compatible, but the thickness is basically fixed. Or, if they sense that the modules are a dud (but the removeable battery people liked), they could just decide to change the form factor anyway.

Other than that, I agree with bigger battery, and smaller bezels, and the camera would be useful with a quick manual exposure change. At the moment you have to drop into full manual to do that, I liked that on the Nexus 5 you could do a +1 or -1 if the auto got it wrong, and I do miss that. Plus, add manual mode to video. UI's can always be refined, and hopefully they will, but LG's is really pretty good. Don't agree with the display not being bright or washed out, its a fantastic display.

I was a bit confused how point 1. can say keep the modules, then point 2, says get rid of the modules. Huh? I think having modules that work via bluetooth is a good idea. You don't have to use them if you don't want to, and they can retain compatibility with form factor changes. The 360 camera looks really cool, and that's the one I am considering getting.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
IMHO

LG has lost it's way on the g5.

A metal back phone isn't premium regardless of the pundits crying nor is a easily broken fingerprint magnet glass back.

They could have stayed with the g4 size and really improved upon the whole design, just as easily as what they did on the 5.

Make all of the phones 64 gig internal and still have a SD card and a larger capacity battery the same size as existing, go with a amoled screen better than any Samsung phones so people will stop crying about them, add in higher clocked ram and more of it and make it water resistant with front facing speakers and the same DAC the v10 has in it but increase the amplifier .Improve the camera and flash (can we say Xenon) and build a real theming engine optimization into. Slim the bezels down to nothing and have a completely flat screen.

Modules are OK but darn few folks will buy them, and carry them around. They can do a great deal more if they really were interested in building a awesome flagship product.

I will say that the leather backed g4 was a awesome phone.. I was first in line to buy one on day one. They really need to offer it this way again

Posted from my AT&T LG v10

Last edited:

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Honestly? I like the feel of the phone, but I don't like the quality of the materials. I'd improve upon those.
The thickness of the screen should be thicker, I've seen multiple people complain of ripples while using their phone.
Screen should be back to 5.5 inches rather than 5.3. I can really feel the difference between the 5.5 and 5.3, and 5.3 with on screen controls makes it even smaller.
Give us the option to get 64gb storage, or make the SD card adoptable right off the bat, no having to enter any dev mode or anything.
Camera is great, I love the wide angle lens, but let's bring it up to par with the 16 mpx camera on board! :) so 2 16mxp cameras one wide angle the other standard.
MUCH larger battery. Today I was doing time lapse videos on both the S7 Edge and the G5, and the G5 got destroyed in battery life with actual usage. 80% on S7E and 70% on G5, and S7E has been the device I've been using all morning today with my SIM (I switch them out) and there really is a HUGE difference in usage. I think the G5 does a little better than the G4, but the screen is smaller and processor is more efficient - I don't think that it's a great feat for LG. Over all, I always grab the G5 over the S7E because of LG and how speedy it is, but that doesn't mean LG shouldn't GREATLY improve upon it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Honestly? I like the feel of the phone, but I don't like the quality of the materials. I'd improve upon those.
The thickness of the screen should be thicker, I've seen multiple people complain of ripples while using their phone.
Screen should be back to 5.5 inches rather than 5.3. I can really feel the difference between the 5.5 and 5.3, and 5.3 with on screen controls makes it even smaller.
Give us the option to get 64gb storage, or make the SD card adoptable right off the bat, no having to enter any dev mode or anything.
Camera is great, I love the wide angle lens, but let's bring it up to par with the 16 mpx camera on board! :) so 2 16mxp cameras one wide angle the other standard.
MUCH larger battery. Today I was doing time lapse videos on both the S7 Edge and the G5, and the G5 got destroyed in battery life with actual usage. 80% on S7E and 70% on G5, and S7E has been the device I've been using all morning today with my SIM (I switch them out) and there really is a HUGE difference in usage. I think the G5 does a little better than the G4, but the screen is smaller and processor is more efficient - I don't think that it's a great feat for LG. Over all, I always grab the G5 over the S7E because of LG and how speedy it is, but that doesn't mean LG shouldn't GREATLY improve upon it.

Have never seen ripples the screen.
If they make the battery bigger the phone has to be bigger. The battery is fine and swappable....and you can also give it a quick charge

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Have never seen ripples the screen.
If they make the battery bigger the phone has to be bigger. The battery is fine and swappable....and you can also give it a quick charge

OK. In your opinion you mean to say. Battery is fine in your opinion. I'd say it's on the low side. With some management I can get through a full day! But I don't like to manage my device. I need it to work for me. Yes, I can swap. But why would I want to swap if my device can last the entire day on its own. I'd much rather have the ability to swap and not need it rather than having to swap...

The glass is an issue I've seen on multiple devices on YouTube. My personal device doesn't have it. But just because my device doesn't have it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just saying how I feel LG could improve their good product to make a superb one.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
OK. In your opinion you mean to say. Battery is fine in your opinion. I'd say it's on the low side. With some management I can get through a full day! But I don't like to manage my device. I need it to work for me. Yes, I can swap. But why would I want to swap if my device can last the entire day on its own. I'd much rather have the ability to swap and not need it rather than having to swap...

The glass is an issue I've seen on multiple devices on YouTube. My personal device doesn't have it. But just because my device doesn't have it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just saying how I feel LG could improve their good product to make a superb one.

Doesn't sound like this is the phone for you...do why but it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08