Smart settings

Sandancer1

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I turned smart settings on so Wi-Fi would automatically switch on when I get home, but nothing happens I still have to switch on manually. Anyone else had this problem.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how Smart Settings works on the G5 but do you have location turned on and set to 'high accuracy'? Otherwise it might not recognize that you're home...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I turned smart settings on so Wi-Fi would automatically switch on when I get home, but nothing happens I still have to switch on manually. Anyone else had this problem.

I'm trying to remember what tells the phone that you are home

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It usually uses both GPS and WiFi network information, but since this is to turn WiFi on, only thing left is GPS (cell tower information isn't reliable/accurate enough to give a home/work location).

Stephen33

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I've tried running the smart setting for this exact reason, but I've noticed I can make it all the way to work (10 minute drive) and wifi is still on, then when I do get home, it's went 4 hours before enabling wifi.. I'm tempted to find me some NFC chips to put on my bedside table, since I have NFC on all the time anyway for Android Pay