Contacts App

how1ard

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Very few images for my contacts have synced, all accounts set to sync, all contacts there but hardly any contact images. My main bone of contention is that Groups I have set up and speed dials will not save. Every time I open the app up the group title is there but the contacts I saved have vanished, speed dial is the same. I mean this is easy to do right? I can't see anything I am doing wrong. Just wondered if anyone else is having these problems and if you found solutions/workarounds?

Thanks!

PS. Not a newbie so you can assume a certain amount of tech savvy :)

PS. Other than this I'm loving my G5. Loving it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Only contacts set to your Google account (first line) will sync, the others won't.

If a lot of them are not Google accounts, export your contacts to a file, import them, but import them to your Google account. (You'll probably have duplicates, but go to Google Contacts, click on More and you can Find & Merge duplicates.)

how1ard

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks man, that made no difference unfortunately although a useful process to carry out so thanks anyway. There is an option to sync with Facebook (greyed out) and that is where the only pics are showing from. Pretty odd.

UPDATE
Just done the reading, have come over from Windows Phone where Facebook still syncs with contacts, didn't realise this was an issue on android. No pics set to contacts in Google account so explains it all.
Except the speed dial issue that is.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12