I have the camplus attached to my G5. However, i realise sometimes it appear to be charging without any cable plug in. I can see the lightening symbol on the battery icon and when i lock the phone the red notifications light appear. It happen a few minutes and it stop. I am not using the camplus to control the camera app while using the phone. Is the camplus charging my phone?
    05-14-2016 08:01 AM
    I have the camplus attached to my G5. However, i realise sometimes it appear to be charging without any cable plug in. I can see the lightening symbol on the battery icon and when i lock the phone the red notifications light appear. It happen a few minutes and it stop. I am not using the camplus to control the camera app while using the phone. Is the camplus charging my phone?
    The CAM plus comes with an extra 1100mAh of battery. Regardless of whether you're using the grip or not,if you have the module attached to the phone it will keep transferring power or charging the main battery as needed.
    05-14-2016 11:50 PM
    The CAM plus comes with an extra 1100mAh of battery. Regardless of whether you're using the grip or not,if you have the module attached to the phone it will keep transferring power or charging the main battery as needed.
    I was under the impression that it didn't charge the phone, which to me was a disappointment.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-15-2016 01:46 AM
    I was under the impression that it didn't charge the phone, which to me was a disappointment.

Posted via the Android Central App
    It does. I only wish the Hifi Plus DAC did the same for my phone, but then again that's asking for too much.
    05-15-2016 10:10 AM
    How are you finding the Camplus? I should have mines delivered shortly. Is it awkward to hold, does it add much weight to the phone?
    05-16-2016 04:19 AM
    How are you finding the Camplus? I should have mines delivered shortly. Is it awkward to hold, does it add much weight to the phone?
    I like it alot. In fact after attaching it to my phone, i did not remove it. It does add some weight but I like the solid feel it give me.
    the tall guy likes this.
    05-16-2016 08:07 AM
    I like it alot. In fact after attaching it to my phone, i did not remove it. It does add some weight but I like the solid feel it give me.
    Yes this was my opinion after looking at online videos of the module, I didn't think I would remove it, especially if it comes with extra juice for the battery. Just need to wait on my promotional gift coming in the post now
    05-16-2016 08:25 AM
    I think it only charges your phone for a few minutes after you press one of it's buttons. It's not intended to be a spare battery pack. It's intended to allow you to use your camera as much as you want without impacting your battery life. The charging is intended to replace the power used when you took a photo.
    05-16-2016 08:35 AM
    I think it only charges your phone for a few minutes after you press one of it's buttons. It's not intended to be a spare battery pack. It's intended to allow you to use your camera as much as you want without impacting your battery life. The charging is intended to replace the power used when you took a photo.
    Thank you! I just tried clicking the button and it charge for a few minutes. Perhaps i had unknowingly click the camplus button previously and thought it charge my phone for a few minutes without me using the camplus.
    05-16-2016 09:42 AM
    Yes this was my opinion after looking at online videos of the module, I didn't think I would remove it, especially if it comes with extra juice for the battery. Just need to wait on my promotional gift coming in the post now
    Hope you will like it as much as i do.
    05-16-2016 09:44 AM
    I like the cam plus module, but I find that it needs a bit more

maybe a software update can fix this but the toggle / flick switch is not responding sometimes.

i would love to have
    1. option to reverse the rotation direction of the zoom in/out on the dial
    2. clicking the shutter button while on photo review will quickly go back to capture image mode (to capture spontaneous moments)
    06-30-2016 09:45 PM