Back camera lens protector options for the G5?

Spaz888

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I quickly glanced over a similar thread for the G4. The posts were a bit dated. So I thought I would start one of my own.

My wife's previous HTC One X had significant wear and scratches on her camera lens because she always had her phone in her purse.

As for me, I have an older iPhone and I have a rather bulky [masculine] Griffin case that covers up the camera lens. I know for me, I'd buy a Griffin case again in a heart beat if it has this feature.

Unfortunately, my wife wouldn't want a bulk case for her G5. I don't even know if Griffin makes a case that protects the camera lens.

So if anyone has any recommendations or solutions on how to protect the camera, I am all 'eyes'. Thanks

xPhantom

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have also been looking for a way to protect the camera lens, since I have had protectors on my past few phones' camera lenses. Slickwraps made camera lens protectors for the HTC One M8, and I asked them if they had any plans of making them for the G5, but they said no. Perhaps if enough of us ask them, they'll consider it.

Other than that, Martin Fields screen protectors come with a camera lens protector, as do the Nillkin ones... but it's a bit of a bummer to have to buy a whole screen protector just for the camera lens protector.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't put anything over the lens as out might change the characteristics of the lens. I have a very thin case and it is raised enough that it should protect the lens unless the lens takes a very precise hit or you keep it with keys. Only the very center of the lens captures the actual image. Of course that's just my preference and I'm sure you can find something that works at some point.

Posted via the Android Central App

xPhantom

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
2016-05-25 13.30.07.jpg

This is what I got with the Nillkin screen protector... so far I've noticed no change in image quality from either camera. It fits perfectly, and I can't even tell it's there. But now I have peace of mind that the glass is protected.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae