Fingerprint options missing

phil1941

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I love the fingerprint scanner on this phone, and it is usually how I unlock it. Today, it stopped trying to read my fingerprint. When I went to settings, the fingerprints section is totally missing. I have restarted it twice and it is as if there never were fingerprint options. I don't get it. Anyone else run into this?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So you are saying that below the location settings it is totally gone? That's not just fingerprints....its fingerprints and security.

If that's true, do a factory reset

Posted via the Android Central App

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Also, did you install any apps or launchers that become device administrators?

Jacob McCauley

May 30, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem that started today. At first it was not reading my fingerprints so I restarted the phone and did a battery pull but no change. Then I noticed the fingerprint option was gone and now it only say security in the settings. I did a factory reset and still it's gone. This is nuts! How could the option just disappear? There was a software update a few days ago but this issue only just started now. Thoughts anyone?

D

Deleted member 1668623

Could be that your carrier did an update that made it not an option by accident.

Jacob McCauley

May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm on Rogers Canada and we did receive an update about 3-4 days before it happened. But my friend's phone (also on Rogers with the update) is still working. Very frustrating and confusing! I'm going to talk to Rogers about it in the next day or two

Paul murphy77

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So where is it? You could help others out who may have the same issue.

I had the same issue, I went into hardware control mode then back to normal phone use and it sorted it self out. Tunn off phone hold down power and volume Up and Down together for 10 seconds. It will start in hardware control mode presss power button and phone will restart. This should clear the fault.

rrkjgreen

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Today I had a new Software update, and because of that the option to have a fingerprint scanner just vanished like it never existed. the phone told me that it wasn't working and i needed to restart the phone. Now I can't even find the option and the home button itself is lagging. What should I do? I've only had this phone for a week now!

(sorry for bad grammar and sentences, english is not my first language!)

Rah1x

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
Now ive the same problem!! I just had this phone for 2 weeks and used it very carefully. and the fingerprint option used disappeared. I mean I used it 5 secs ago, next time its gone.!!

How to solve this?!!

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Option disappeared on my wife's G5 as well. I suspect the fingerprint reader hardware failed and that LG's settings software is probably used on multiple models of phones and auto-detects the presence of the fingerprint hardware and only shows the options if it see's the hardware. Sprint support suggested I'll have to send it for repair...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles