Transferring video files to computer

aikanae

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems transferring video files to their computer?

I'm on a macbook pro 1O.6 and used Android File Transfer before with LG 3 but it's not recognizing the LG 5. I thought it was the USBC and downloaded drivers from LG. Still no luck. The LG "Bridge" wouldn't install. Chat support was awful. Their support thought usbc was a dvd player.

Also said Slimport was not supported on it. Is that true, I thought it was?

This phone is about to go back.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Install (if not already) Google Drive (or, if you prefer, Dropbox) on both your phone and your PC.

"Share" the videos to Drive/Dropbox on your phone. Wait a few minutes for your computer to sync up. Voila!

Alternative: install the free version of Airdroid ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&token=vrMzUe9d ) on your phone. Establish wireless connection between phone and Macbook -> Drag & Drop files from phone to Macbook or vice versa.

aikanae

May 22, 2016
Visit site
No wired connections? Does the Slim port work?

I don't want to upgrade everything for a phone. My WiFi and Internet suk. There's nothing I can do about that. Some places I'm in have nothing. I need my files on my computer that doesn't have bluetooth.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I just plugged my phone into computer via the USB and it worked like a charm. Didnt have to install or anything, worked like any other flash drive. I have a Windows computer though, so maybe its a Mac problem.

aikanae

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I figured it out. I feel kinda dumb now. The usbc is set to charge only by default. I looked for a menu to change it to mtp/mass storage and couldn't find one. It popped up with notifications finally, asking me if I wanted it changed. Works fine now. I've been assured that Slim port works too but I haven't tried it yet. I worried when I heard Samsung dropped MHL.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out. I feel kinda dumb now. The usbc is set to charge only by default. I looked for a menu to change it to mtp/mass storage and couldn't find one. It popped up with notifications finally, asking me if I wanted it changed. Works fine now. I've been assured that Slim port works too but I haven't tried it yet. I worried when I heard Samsung dropped MHL.

Ah, okay.

Are you on Marshmallow? If so, every time you connect to your Macbook, you need to drag down the notification bar, tap on "USB for charging" and then tap "File transfer". It's not sticky; you have to repeat each time you connect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae