10-07-2016 06:35 PM
30 12
tools
    The screen isn't bright enough...? Are you kidding? You must have something set wrong. This is the first device I've owned that I could use in the bright sun.

The best two reasons for me is SD card support. The camera.. Especially the wide-angle shooter. And the IR blaster.

Sorry! That was three.

It's just an awesome gadget. I love this phone. I can't put it down.
    It wasn't as bright as my old note 3 in the vzw store but maybe something was wrong with the display model.

I am interested in the v20 and would have loved a g5 that was simply a g4 with better specs and more ram and memory. The G5 just looks tiny and the fit and finish don't look as good as G4. I should be fair. I like 5.5 inch screens and do not like modular anything in a phone.
    10-06-2016 10:51 PM
    I have not used mine yet since getting it shipped to me on Monday of this week other than playing with it at home. I have Boost Mobile and they don't support it, I'm changing later today now that I have used up most of my data to a different carrier with better coverage in places I travel. Then I will know more about how I like it. What I did like about it that made me choose it to Replace my S5:

removable battery.... all other devices I looked at didn't have this
    similar size device and screen size to my current device. I wanted a smart phone not a tablet. It's taller but only a tiny bit wider than the S5
    support for SD card expansion... most important feature
    similar specs to other flagship phones its size
    And lastly the deal I got on it unlocked from B&H.com

I do find the finish around the bottom where the battery pulls out is not really smooth but I plan to use a UAG case like I have for my last few devices so it won't trouble me.
    10-07-2016 11:10 AM
    Mate ive had a Note 3 for 2 years and owned an LG G5 for about 1 month now and can safely say that the LG G5 screen is way brighter than the Note 3.
    10-07-2016 02:20 PM
    For me many main reasons why i went for the LG G5 after months of swaying between the S7 Edge, Note 7, HTC 10 etc (LG G5 was never on the horizon funnily enough) well one part was a CRAZY deal appeared one site in the UK where i could get the phone plus FREE DAC module/B&O headphones for £25month which considering that i was already paying £15 a month for the same sim only tariff so thats an extra £10 month (£240 over 2 years) for a current Flagship phone with DAC/headphones Crazy deal for me NOT to jump onboard also ACTUALLY upon looking into it the REALITY of the phone is pretty much completely different to the masses of biased reviews this unit got, so top specs combined with removable batter/sd card support and the amazing High Res audio capabilities of the device with the DAC module that makes it compete with dedicated Hi res music players/DAC's costing £300 or more and i had to bite but the icing on the cake was me finding out i could (without voiding warranty enable Adoptive Storage) on the device which now pretty much makes it the most complete phone i could get thats out there in my opinion.
    10-07-2016 02:36 PM
    I don't have one main reason to buy this phone. I love the camera quality and the wide angle option, removable battery, fast charging, IR blaster even though I don't use it that much, and the quality of the speaker. The only thing I would like is a bigger screen and a Quad DAC, which is why I'm going to buy the V20. Will hate to part with the G5, but may keep it as a backup.
    10-07-2016 06:35 PM
30 12