I have received several texts where the message send by the sender has been changed when I receive it. It has happened with 2 different senders so I'm assuming it is my phone. They have sent me screenshots to show what they sent. For example, the last sentence of a text from my mother changed "It's just right off Harmony Rd so not far" to "It's just the wifi doesn't work from home?" Does anyone have any ideas what might be happening?

I'm using standard messaging app on LG G5 on AT&T. Senders are on the same network.
    06-19-2016 09:18 AM
    Yikes, thats scary. Nope I have NEVER seen (or even heard of) that. That almost sounds some really bad mal-ware... messing with things its not supposed to.

I have an LGV10-Verizon and the OEM LG text messaging app worked fine for me the 7-8 times I used it. I only use it when the Verizon bloat txt messager crashes.
    06-19-2016 12:35 PM
    I had that exact thing happen on a few previous, brand new, G4 and V10 phones. I had to exchange the devices. I would send a text to my wife and it would go to a totally different person that wasn't even in my previous texts anywhere.

I just couldn't have that happen, obviously. I haven't had that trouble on my G5, but yes, it is VERY possible.
    06-19-2016 09:36 PM
    I had that exact thing happen on a few previous, brand new, G4 and V10 phones. I had to exchange the devices. I would send a text to my wife and it would go to a totally different person that wasn't even in my previous texts anywhere.

I just couldn't have that happen, obviously. I haven't had that trouble on my G5, but yes, it is VERY possible.
    Interesting. Mine at least keeps the same person that I'm texting. I'm beginning to wonder if it might have something to do with the number of texts I have saved in the conversation. I tend to keep long texts streams saved in my phone (which slows it down I'm noticing) and the word switch has happened with the 2 people with whom I have the largest text history. I'll delete the text history and see of that helps.
    06-20-2016 08:12 AM