LG G5 "Update Center" not on my AT&T phone.

ntotrr

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I've found info on "Update Center" on the LG G5 that is for updating LG apps. I have a new G5, AT&T is my carrier. I do not have Update Center under Settings>About Phone. I chatted with AT&T, they have no info on this which would mean it's not an option on AT&T devices, Update Center is carrier-specific. I spoke with LG tech support and the rep said it should be there and to do a factory reset to get it on the phone. That doesn't quite sound right to me. Can anyone with an AT&T G5 confirm whether or not "Update Center" is on the phone? This stems from my trying to ascertain whether the G5 UX 5.0 update is on the phone which restores the app drawer.

Ditey1

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the dual Sim unlocked G5 H860 running on AT&T and have update center. I find mine by settings then general then scroll down to about phone then touch common tab and then scroll to update center,

Of course now my phone is not AT&T branded but it runs beautifully on the carrier with AT&T Sim card. Do not know how your phone is set up. Just letting you know my situation.

Cory Gordon

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Have you figured anything out about updating ux5.0 on at&t? I have the same issue with not having a "update center" anywhere. I just got this phone the other day thinking they fixed this app drawer problem but am now dissapointed

ntotrr

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Cory, and the others who responded. I never received a concrete answer from AT&T or LG. We have the option of installing LG Life and then getting UX 4 which restores the app drawer but that gives the phone the look of the G4, which is not a bad thing in itself. Rather than try to wade through this "should it be on my phone or not" mess, I installed Nova Launcher and use that. It works great, no complaints. On a side note, I started experiencing reboot loops with the new phone. The phone was in a reboot loop for about one hour one day. Then it worked fine for five days. Last week, it went into a reboot loop on Thursday and by Friday it was completely dead. My previous LG died prematurely and with this phone dying, I'm a bit soured on LG phones now. My last three phones have been LG as well as my wife's. I returned the phone and replaced it with a BLU Pure XL. It's about half the price of the LG. It's also huge but I did like the size of the G5. But for the money, this BLU phone is quite nice. They also don't have the app drawer on this phone so I installed Nove Launcher on this one too, all is well.

D

Deleted member 1668623

Going to Settings -> General -> About Phone - Update Center should be there. If not, something is wrong with your phone.

mattemer

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Going to Settings -> General -> About Phone - Update Center should be there. If not, something is wrong with your phone.

I'm on Verizon and I also don't have this. I thought it seemed like only Sprint and TMob had this. But yeah, we can't update to new ux5.0 without this and it's pissing me off.

ntotrr

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and I also don't have this. I thought it seemed like only Sprint and TMob had this. But yeah, we can't update to new ux5.0 without this and it's pissing me off.

My real concern when I had the G5 was the lack of the app drawer. Since I couldn't get ux5.0 and didn't want ux4, I opted for Nova Launcher. That works well for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis