Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

Is the charging quicker when you are using your phone than in the v10?

How is the battery life for the heavy duty users?
    07-03-2016 10:42 PM
    I'm just trying to see if the battery is better than the v10
    07-06-2016 12:11 AM
    I think the population of former V10 users is pretty small. I never had a V10 but I have had phones with a bigger battery and the G5 lasts just as long as my previous phones. I do take advantage of fast charging and occasionally swap batteries so battery life isn't a big issue for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    huntnyc likes this.
    07-06-2016 04:45 AM
    I had the V10 before and the battery life is about the same. Slightly smaller battery, but smaller screen, so its evens out. The G5 does notably charge much faster with the USB-C, which the V10 did not have.
    huntnyc, ghssyterry and ewak12321 like this.
    07-06-2016 10:50 AM
    I had the V10 before and the battery life is about the same. Slightly smaller battery, but smaller screen, so its evens out. The G5 does notably charge much faster with the USB-C, which the V10 did not have.
    How long it lasts for heavy usage?
    07-08-2016 10:41 PM
    I had the V10 and the G5 charges RIDICULOUSLY fast! Like I've never seen a phone charge so fast before. Definitely charges faster than the V10, or any other phone I've used before for that matter. Battery life is just okay, but considering how quickly it recharges I've never complained.
    07-12-2016 09:00 AM
    So you would suggest a v10 owner try the G5???
    07-12-2016 10:10 AM
    So you would suggest a v10 owner try the G5???
    I think the V10 is a different animal because its a bigger phone. Its nice to have a large screen but its a bit large to hold.

07-12-2016 05:02 PM
    Yes it is a big phone and mine is now acting real laggy....
    07-12-2016 07:54 PM
    I agree that the V10 is a bit different because it's bigger and has the dual selfie cameras. Plus it's really heavy duty.

The G5 is excellent too, though, and is a worthy upgrade. The wide angle camera is cool and the new software paired with the SD820 really screams. Exen though I tend to prefer larger phones, the G5 has a great shape and size and feels so good in the hand. It's really an underrated phone.
    07-12-2016 11:27 PM
    The longer I own the G5, the more I like it. Its been reliable, fast and fun to use. My only serious complaint is that the GPS is a bit weak.

07-13-2016 11:12 AM
    After ordering mine I was worried about the gps issues as I'd read about a lot of people with similar problems. I depend on a phone for gps navigation all day and use it for running outdoors at night with Runkeeper etc. I can honestly say mine has been spot on everyday. I downloaded the GPS Status & Toolbox app just to make sure and it confirmed that. I was locked onto 23 or 24 satellites in seconds and was accurate to 2 or 3 metres constantly. Absolutely no complaints here. I thought there was a pattern forming with the gps issues affecting mostly T-mobile handsets?

07-13-2016 01:20 PM
    After ordering mine I was worried about the gps issues as I'd read about a lot of people with similar problems. I depend on a phone for gps navigation all day and use it for running outdoors at night with Runkeeper etc. I can honestly say mine has been spot on everyday. I downloaded the GPS Status & Toolbox app just to make sure and it confirmed that. I was locked onto 23 or 24 satellites in seconds and was accurate to 2 or 3 metres constantly. Absolutely no complaints here. I thought there was a pattern forming with the gps issues affecting mostly T-mobile handsets?

Nope.....mine's Verizon. I toyed with the idea of sending back to LG but didn't want to end up with Refurb.
    Do you get a signal indoors?

Im getting 11 out 18 SATS with a signal strength of 9 to 10

07-13-2016 04:39 PM
    Yeah I get a signal indoors. Not always great but usable. Here's a screenshot of my gps now driving to work with the phone attached to my windshield

Attached Thumbnails Former V10 users-8363.jpg  
    07-14-2016 02:21 AM
    Do you reckon its with the gps provider? Mine's been working fine and i had it for a month now. Im in the Philippines btw and gps has been spot on just with issues where there are dead spots.
    07-18-2016 04:29 AM
    Yeah I get a signal indoors. Not always great but usable. Here's a screenshot of my gps now driving to work with the phone attached to my windshield

Yesterday I got numbers similar to yours. Normally I get 9 to 13 Sats. I'm beginning to think there are many things that affect reception.

07-18-2016 05:15 AM