Please read- i will be a samsung user for life!

MegNeale

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so 5 WEEKS AGO I unfortunately let my phone go for a little swim in the river. Well yesterday while my fiance and his friends were kayaking, he just so happened to look down and see my phone at the bottom of the river right were I dropped it. As crazy as that was he went ahead and brought it home. For ****s and giggles we decided to plug it up and see what would happen since it is a "waterproof" phone. Sure enough it took a charge, turned on and ALL of my content was still there like nothing happened. I called verizon hooked it back up and am using the phone that spent a month and a half at the bottom of a river. When I told Verizon they had me call Samsung and talk to a manager and they told me this is the longest time spent under water and working device that he had ever heard. Basically, I will be a loyal Samsung user for life now hahah.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Really.....why post that here? If we wanted a waterproof phone we would buy one and not because of your endorsenent

Posted via the Android Central App

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
@MegNeale: Well the Lost & Found phone is Not much related to what
we do in ACapp..Q&A about Phones operation. But this Androider had

a point by reported to Verizon-Samsung and ACapp. If stayed in water
for 1-mo. and Still works is amazing,.ask SamSung a pride-Hehe!

jek48

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I was an avid Samsung owner for many years, but I'd finally had enough when they started becoming more like Apple. Take away the replaceable battery, and you've suddenly got a ton of owners who will be desperate to upgrade their phone (old battery) in 2 years. They took away the microSD card slot to limit the storage space, and the same applies. And for YEARS all I heard from iphone users were "well, your phone is plastic" (as if that mattered). I spent all those same years looking at tons of friends with their phone having cracked rear casings, running on batteries that weren't holding a charge very well, and constantly whining about not having any more space for pictures or even just to update an app. Thankfully, LG was offering many of the features that Samsung had taken away from me. So I'm with LG now. If Samsung wants to come back around, I'd be happy to give them another chance....but I'm not holding my breath.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've never had an issue with no replaceable battery as it's something I've never ever felt the need to do on any phone. I just charge wisely (or at least try to). They took away removable storage but they put that back then took away waterproofing and again put that back. I find it funny how iPhone went down the glass front and back route and Galaxy owners scoffed for years about it til Samsung did the same and yes they had the same results with so many smashed phones (my s7 edge included).they also took away the IR blaster which is really annoying. I miss the capacitive hardware buttons now using my G5 and as good as the camera on the G5 is I think the Galaxy s7 edge camera was much faster and could capture moving objects much better and less blurry (ie my kids)

Posted via the Android Central App