Glass not flush with chin

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
My new g5 has some un-evenness at the bottom. The chin doesn't like up exactly with the rest of the body and I'm finding that that is normal. Not a big deal. What is troubling is that if I run my finger along the bottom of the glass it isn't even with the chin on one side. On the left its pretty much flush. And as you move your finger right it starts to be noticeably higher. I popped off the bottom and it looks like it is normal. Wondering if other g5 owners can shed some light.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Mine is the same. If I hold it up to the light I can see a little daylight through the gap at the edges. It bothered me a little to begin with mainly because it was a little uncomfortable to hold but since I put a gel case on it I don't see or feel it at all so I've made peace with it

Posted via the Android Central App

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine is the same. If I hold it up to the light I can see a little daylight through the gap at the edges. It bothered me a little to begin with mainly because it was a little uncomfortable to hold but since I put a gel case on it I don't see or feel it at all so I've made peace with it

Is the glass also uneven or just the gaps on the side?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My glass is pretty level with chin.
If I run my finger up and down across the seam I can feel a slight ridge which is the frame that the glass sits into and it is even with the frame around the chin. I seem to feel the right side more but cannot see a visual difference.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
For the most part yes. Just went to Verizon. One floor model had the glass issue one didn't. Guy told me there will always be inconsistencies with a 2 piece phone and wouldn't replace it

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If it really bothers you call Verizon. They are usually more responsive than retail stores especially if you have been with them a while. How long have you had the phone?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I hot it yesterday. I don't think it'll impact functionality but if it was clearly a defect I was going to have them replace just for the fact that its $650+

What made it especially annoying was he was pushing on the screen to see if it had any give and then tried to pull the bottom off without pressing the button on the side. So he's completely unfamiliar with it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just checked display units at another Verizon and they have the same glass thing

If you are not happy...call verizon and. Tell them its uneven. They will probably send you another one. Your other option is to just return it and get something else but it will cost you 35 dollars.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
By the way.....if you are looking for it to be completely flush and even with chin, I don't think it's supposed to be completely flat but I would have to see a picture to see what you are talking about

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Its not really that I'm not happy with it. I threw a defender case on it and can't tell the difference now. Its more of if it was normal or not. If it was abnormal then I want a normal phone. Seems like it more or less is normal.