LG G5 battery issue on idle situation, how can I fix it?

keygeeks

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Lg g5 battery issue on idle situation

I recently bought lg g5, model h831 it is very good phone...but I have truly disappoiment with its battery life on idle situation. Battey drain very fast when phone is on idle mode..

How to fix this please help..

and ignore my bad English

mehigh101

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lg g5 battery issue on idle situation

Welcome to Android Central!
It is weird,cause Android Marshmallow has that doze feature wich puts your phone to sleep when you are not using it. What drained the most battery? You can look it up in the settings.
Best regards,Mikey. I hope you found what you were looking for.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F.

David Agee

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem and thought maybe it was Google play music as I use that alot. Tried everything with no avail. Also noticed it was running hot in my pocket. Backed up and did factory data reset. When it came back up, and I restored everything back, it worked great. Battery life was amazing for about 1 week, then I noticed it running hot again and starting to drain. One battery calculation showed 4 hours remaining on a full charge! I then noticed that by default in battery settings, the battery saver was turned off. There is an option in there that "Restricts apps in background". Make sure that is turned on as well. That seemed to make a big difference. Time will tell. If that doesn't work, a good task killer app may be the only choice left. I think LG may have known they had a problem and that, in part, may have been why they offered a free spare battery and cradle.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site

Great response!

One quick note though...

App killers don't do a dang thing. Do they kill the app. Absolutely!

But the killed app will start back up shortly after. Now you have even more battery drain.

Don't take my word for it though. Ask around.

Besides... There must be a setting not right for this to happen. My standby battery drain is like 1% overnight.

This thread is old so I'm sure you have figured it out by now.

Greenify is the thing you need to use in conjunction with what's already available on the G5.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Doze on MM works if the phone isn't moving.. And it activates after 30 minutes of inactivity.. I think that's too much... What type of battery life are you getting out of your g5?

asikis

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

Hello there. I am new LG G5 owner and I am also facing the same idle-stand by issues.
More specific, during night I always put my phone on airplane mode. I also make sure to have killed all apps running in the background. Always on display is set to active. With this setup my device eats 20% of battery life in 7 hours! Isn't it too much?
I had me device on service and they changed my battery and performed a software update. But I see the issue remaining.... I have also tried with AOD set to off but I see almost same battery drain.... My device though does not get hot.
Any suggestions?

washburn_it

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I don't have that issue, when put in airplane mode (while I'm sleeping) the battery drain is around 1-2% in 7 hours.
You could disable all the apps that you installed to check if the battery drain still continue, if it stops then you could enable an app a time and check again...and so on...if it's an app that is causing battery drain you should discover it in this way.
Regards,

Roberto

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site

Hello there. I am new LG G5 owner and I am also facing the same idle-stand by issues.
More specific, during night I always put my phone on airplane mode. I also make sure to have killed all apps running in the background. Always on display is set to active. With this setup my device eats 20% of battery life in 7 hours! Isn't it too much?
I had me device on service and they changed my battery and performed a software update. But I see the issue remaining.... I have also tried with AOD set to off but I see almost same battery drain.... My device though does not get hot.
Any suggestions?

Definitely something not set up correctly. I don't shut anything off OR put it in airplane mode and I only use 1-2% over night off the charger.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site

I recently bought lg g5, model h831 it is very good phone...but I have truly disappoiment with its battery life on idle situation. Battey drain very fast when phone is on idle mode..

How to fix this please help..

and ignore my bad English

Like I said in the above post you gotta have something set up incorrectly. The battery life especially overnight standby times for the G5 are astounding.

Make sure you have all the battery saving features correctly configured. And I would recommend installing Greenify to add extra battery savings as well.

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Doze on MM works if the phone isn't moving.. And it activates after 30 minutes of inactivity.. I think that's too much... What type of battery life are you getting out of your g5?

Hi Jeremiah, is Doze built in? Is it hidden? I cant find the app when i updated.

I can squeeze more than 6 hrs with a little standby and moderate use, with a little bit battery by the end of the day.''
)If all standby more than 9 probably, but havent tried standby. Neither the on screen time. It depends, coz the Hibernate Manager disables the wifi when screen is off. If you root it, you can also customize the RAM usage...

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

Any suggestions?

problem with killing apps a lot, apps automatically starts again. Lookup battery usage and see which one is active. Sometimes apps gets stuck there when they dont get closed correctly.

asikis

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

problem with killing apps a lot, apps automatically starts again. Lookup battery usage and see which one is active. Sometimes apps gets stuck there when they dont get closed correctly.
I have twice reset my G5 and have not installed not even one application. I just did the SW updates for the pre-installed apps and install my gmail account which is barely used (I am not using my gmail email at all). What I see is that during night, with AOD off, it looses 20-25 % in airplane mode. From the app usage in battery menu the "Android OS" is always on the top with 50-60 % battery usage.... The last 1,5 hour i have removed it form charger after fully charged. Without touching the device for any usage I see that "Android OS" is on 64% and the "Phone is not used" at 18%....

Is this normal???

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

I have twice reset my G5 and have not installed not even one application. I just did the SW updates for the pre-installed apps and install my gmail account which is barely used (I am not using my gmail email at all). What I see is that during night, with AOD off, it looses 20-25 % in airplane mode. From the app usage in battery menu the "Android OS" is always on the top with 50-60 % battery usage.... The last 1,5 hour i have removed it form charger after fully charged. Without touching the device for any usage I see that "Android OS" is on 64% and the "Phone is not used" at 18%....

Is this normal???

that is weird. The automatic on display shouldnt even affect battery that much.

Did you do a reset after Software updates?

Here is my battery usage. With 25% brightness and 38% battery. I charged it yesterday around 3pm with light-moderate usage.

Attachments

• 39163.jpg
    39163.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 45

Diablo_692

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
What do the "Stop" buttons mean along the right side of the battery usage screens, and what do they do if you press them? I know they turn grey, but what exactly in the app are they stopping?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech