My G5 started running hot and using a lot of battery. Could not figure what exactly was causing this. You can read further about what i think caused this on this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...can-i-fix.html

Long story short, I tried all kinds of things. The only thing that has truly worked is installing a task killer like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rechild.advancedtaskkiller&hl=en

People will say that newer versions of android cause the device and apps to sleep in periods of inactivity. The fact is that every version of android is device specific and what is true for samsung may not be true for LG. A task killer is something we all had to use in the early days of android but it is still a very popular app for obvious reasons. I am sure LG will eventually fix this problem, at least I hope they will but in the meantime, this is a quick and easy fix. Adjust the settings on Task Killer to kill apps when screen is off. Frequency set to aggressive and I turned the notification on the notifications screen to off.

I have been on battery for 4 hours now and only used 4%. Estimated time remaining: 30 h 53 min
    07-22-2016 09:58 AM
    What you describe makes me think that a specific app is either malfunctioning or is poorly coded, such that it is keeping the phone awake inappropriately, or using too many CPU cycles for no good reason. When it was heating up, did you notice any particular app or service using an inordinate amount of battery in the Settings>Battery‚Äč menu?
    07-24-2016 02:27 PM
    Yes. Google play music. That is an app I cannot do without as I have the pay service and all my files stored on as well. It however is no longer a problem. I have been using a task killer app for over a week now and battery life drastically increased. Hey, whatever works right?
    07-27-2016 11:40 AM
    Interesting. Do you have music saved on an SD card? If so, that could contribute to overheating, if any files are corrupt. That might explain why Google Play Music is using too much battery.
    07-27-2016 12:07 PM
    Might need to update your PRL. Might be constantly searching for cell towers

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-03-2016 10:44 AM