https://i.imgur.com/79MU5tf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rFFVMke.png

I keep getting this notification when nothing is plugged it. It will randomly do it constantly, no matter what option I select.

Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-24-2016 09:02 PM
    This issue has come to me just today. I believe it is a glitch. I have figured how to get rid if it temporarily by using the charger to tease it off when you put it in the port and pull it out. However, the icon appears as soon as you put the charger back in, so further teasing is needed to get rid of it (a complete waste of my time and defeats the purpose of a good phone). Best thing to do is send it off for repairs and hopefully they'll see it as faulty and provide you a new phone (that's if you're on contract).
    07-25-2016 03:00 PM
    It's weird, I've had the phone at least 2 weeks and this came out of nowhere two days ago.

Nearly every time the phone is unplugged.

07-25-2016 03:59 PM
    It's weird, I've had the phone at least 2 weeks and this came out of nowhere two days ago.

Nearly every time the phone is unplugged.

Did you try clearing the cache and then a factory reset?

07-25-2016 04:23 PM
    Did you try clearing the cache and then a factory reset?

No, reset was a last resort. I'll try clearing cache though, good suggestion.

07-25-2016 04:51 PM
    I've tried factory reset. It doesnt work.

Ive also took it to the shop and they didn't identify it as an issue.

I got my phone 3 weeks ago. Seems like all the phones are going faulty at the same time 😂
    07-25-2016 05:53 PM
    Clearing cache didn't do anything. Ugh, I didn't want to wipe.

I googled and caught a few posts from 5X owners, some say it's just a Marshmallow bug. Hard to find much on it though.

07-25-2016 07:48 PM
    I'm on Verizon and haven't seen it yet. Have this phone since May. Are you both on ATT?

07-25-2016 08:47 PM
    I am on T-Mobile with the 6.1.2016 security update for Marshmallow and haven't seen this bug before, nor after the fact. I think it might be an issue with an update with your carrier.

07-29-2016 06:29 AM
    I've had the same problem for more than a month. Have performed system updates, tried everything I can think of - no luck. It'll alert almost constantly for minutes on end, then completely behave itself for days. Really bizarre and renders the phone unusable when it's happening.
    07-31-2016 08:12 PM
    Had nothing for a few days and then my phone just went crazy, vibrating and beeping notification from this.

Except today it didn't happen after i unplugged it, it was completely random while i was laying in bed watching TV.

07-31-2016 08:25 PM
    depending on how you're charging your smarty, I would suggest leaving it turned on, then plugging in the USB cable to your computers UBS port.. typically this would send a signal to your smarty which asks you which means are you connecting.. or how do you want this to connect to the computer.

Just so you know and I'm accustom to doing this, But the smarty doesn't like to be plugged into your computers USB for charging is takes way to long to charge in this manor, thus it's recommended that you resort to the charger which came with your smarty.

In my case I was interested in transferring images from the phone to the computer, but the factory settings were set as to allow this device to be charged via any UBS port. I was able to access the USB setting screen and adjusted this as to allow "data transfer" instead of "Charge Mode" via the USB cable option.

Try the above to see what your settings are allowing you to do when connected via USB, adjust the setting to one or the other and this should correct notifications issue.
    08-05-2016 07:37 AM
    Same issues as previously stated. In my case, after a while the notification just stayed and it didn't matter which option i chose ie power phone/file transfer etc - once selected the notification just reappeared with the annoying alert. Then the fast charger and cable just stopped charging the phone. Swapped the fast charger for a standard usb charging socket and notification etc went away. (Note: I have always charged my phone with LG G5 phone-issued fast charger from wall socket, not a computer usb). So in my case i think the issue might lie with fast-charging capability.
    04-11-2017 06:59 AM
    Ive ran into the same problem twice now. The first time I sent into lg and they fixed it. Something about a problem with the motherboard idk. But I'm annoyed that this is happening again.
    06-08-2017 09:27 PM
    what you need to do is give it a through clean inside the charging port with a toothpick or needle. it fixed it for me
    08-24-2017 01:24 PM
    https://i.imgur.com/79MU5tf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rFFVMke.png

I keep getting this notification when nothing is plugged it. It will randomly do it constantly, no matter what option I select.

Any ideas?

Hey i rebooted my phone and the notification stoped
    09-21-2017 04:25 AM
    Cleaning it with the toothpick did the trick, just roll it around gently in the charge port and BAM it stopped... Hopefully for good
    10-19-2017 07:33 PM
    I have a LG G5 on Sprint and I have the same notification that will not go away. It must be an OS software issue. I wish we implemented a restore option to go back to the last update.
    07-06-2018 10:08 AM
    I removed my lock. I used to use a pattern to unlock my phone. Go to settings and chose no lock. I'm going to wait a while and put the lock back on and see if comes back. So far its been about 6 hours and I've had no problem.
    08-18-2018 06:51 PM
    I tied everything listed below as this starting happening this morning. I ended up just plugging it back into the cord I charge my phone at night with in the bedroom, and it vanished as soon as I unplugged a few seconds later. Thank goodness as it was VERY annoying. Hope this helps
    11-06-2018 06:35 AM
    so my fix to this issue (LG G7) was: I pressed a toothpic wich I thinned out so it would fit in the charging port against the faced down side of the port so the side wich is down when you phone is lying on something and I very gentilly pressed the inner plate up a bit (coincidetially found this) and I found out that the usb (original) cable was resposible for this because i think I broke it a while ago by deforming the inner connection in the head of the cable

edit: just fixed the issue temorarily for about an hour
    05-07-2020 09:16 PM
    so my fix to this issue (LG G7) was: I pressed a toothpic wich I thinned out so it would fit in the charging port against the faced down side of the port so the side wich is down when you phone is lying on something and I very gentilly pressed the inner plate up a bit (coincidetially found this) and I found out that the usb (original) cable was resposible for this because i think I broke it a while ago by deforming the inner connection in the head of the cable

edit: just fixed the issue temorarily for about an hour
    Hi, welcome!

Sounds like you might have a damaged charging port .
    05-07-2020 09:30 PM
    I have a LG G5 on Sprint and I have the same notification that will not go away. It must be an OS software issue. I wish we implemented a restore option to go back to the last update.

If you have a none root package blocker for LG (I think I've seen them) you can start disabling likely candidates and see if you can track it down. If it's a nonessential apk you could permanently disable it.

Also go into Developer Options and see if any there's any help there. I doubt it but worth a peek.
    05-07-2020 09:46 PM