Good buy if coming from an OG Droid Turbo?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So like the title says, I have a Droid Turbo, ballistic nylon with 64gb of memory.
Phone works great except call volume is horrendous. People always have trouble hearing me.
I played with a g5 in store when it launched but I think phone prices are getting out of hand.
I always purchase a phone that is a year older, but I am a heavy user.
I know the G5 appears to be the 'forgotten phone' but if I could get a mint or new one for 400.00 from Swappa, is it worth it?
Will I be disappointed? I know the battery will not be near what the turbo is, but it's replaceable and I use a very large portable charger when I am in the field measuring buildings, etc.
Is the earpiece volume loud? Not when on speakerphone but just regular calls.
Just wanted some thoughts.

Thanks.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
So like the title says, I have a Droid Turbo, ballistic nylon with 64gb of memory.
Phone works great except call volume is horrendous. People always have trouble hearing me.
I played with a g5 in store when it launched but I think phone prices are getting out of hand.
I know the G5 appears to be the 'forgotten phone' but if I could get a mint or new one for 400.00 from Swappa, is it worth it?
Will I be disappointed? I know the battery will not be near what the turbo is, but it's replaceable and I use a very large portable charger when I am in the field measuring buildings, etc.

Thanks.

Which carrier? If you are willing to not use Verizon, the One Plus 3 got great reviews.

disney4life2005

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a g5 and I am restaurant manager. I am off a charger for 12 hrs a day and use my phone for pictures and email and lots of phone calls. I do keep an extra battery with me that I bought off Amazon for 13 bucks. It is in a case and has a screen protector. I've dropped the phone numerous times and not had a problem. I take the phone into the Theme Parks here in Orlando and never go through a second battery(I take Alot of pics). I dont have any of the extras other than a battery and am extremely satisfied for this forgotten phone

kraze4u

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site

Thanks.

Just wait to buy the G5 in September. By then the V20 will be released which should drive the price of the G5 down to $350 dollars.