08-15-2018 01:04 PM
34 12
tools
    New user here. I had this same problem on my g5. Tried the mentioned fixes in the thread to no avail. I plugged my phone in to wall charger and switched it to charge. Then unplugged usb cable from wall charger while leaving it in my phone for a minute. Removed it from phone and notification is gone.
    05-29-2017 05:25 PM
    Did u got it fix? I have the solution for it
    10-16-2017 11:47 AM
    Did u got it fix? I have the solution for it
    I have tried all of the above on my LG v20. I had reluctantly decided to live with it, however last night after reaching a full charge, the USB icon popped up, the charge icon disappeared, and now when I plug it in, I get no response from the charger. Also, the USB icon will give me a drop down if tapped, but won't save my selection or go away after. It's stuck on "charge this phone only".

Help, please?
    10-22-2017 08:15 AM
    I also have the same problem on my LG V10 and I've noticed the phone really discharges faster than normal while not in use.

I.e. previously, the battery would only drain by 3-4% over 8 hours of non-use.

Now, it's like 20-25%.

Moreover, I keep getting "tap to change USB connection" and anytime I try and switch it din "charge the connected device", it vibrates and resets to that choice. What the f
    10-27-2017 04:26 AM
    I also have the same problem on my LG V10 and I've noticed the phone really discharges faster than normal while not in use.

I.e. previously, the battery would only drain by 3-4% over 8 hours of non-use.

Now, it's like 20-25%.

Moreover, I keep getting "tap to change USB connection" and anytime I try and switch it din "charge the connected device", it vibrates and resets to that choice. What the f
    10-27-2017 04:27 AM
    I found the solution. But not sure if it's permanent. So far it's been working and I'm no longer getting the "tap to change USB options" and it's charging normally.

Just go to your apps and "force stop" the "Andriod system".
    03-22-2018 09:16 PM
    Mine is LG G5. I tried all the suggested solutions but nothing has worked. The problem was also causing the power to drain faster than normal. I was about to give up and get a new phone. I have done a factory-reset of the phone and that did not solve the problem. Since the system software had worked previously without the problem, that rules out software as root cause of the problem. I decided to clean the usb port one more time. I turned off the phone. I used a round toothpick with pointed tip and rolled it inside the usb port. I had to really push the toothpick deep. After the cleaning, the problem went away for a while but it became an intermittent problem where It shows and clears in a cyclic manner. This implied that the problem is indeed port (hardware) related problem. Finally, I soaked a toothpick in rubbing alcohol and repeated the cleaning process again. I waited a few minutes for the alcohol to dry before I turned on the phone. This time the problem did not come back. The annoying USB icon disappeared for good.
    06-10-2018 12:56 PM
    I've had the same problems many times. It's very annoying because it kept buzzing every second, driving me crazy.. Sometimes it stopped for a short time and for no apparent reason it started up again like now. It will stop buzzing if I plug in for charging again. Can't keep charging if it's full. I will follow the instruction of remove my simcard to see if it will make the different.
    08-15-2018 12:58 PM
    Ok, so I'm going to try to do the force stop on Android system webview, that's the only 1 in the list with Android system. If that doesn't work, I will try the port cleaning with alcohol n toothpick.
    08-15-2018 01:04 PM
34 12