I got the LG G5 this spring, to replace 3 different Galaxy S5's that had abysmal voice quality, where clients couldn't understand what I was saying and complained that I sounded like I was in a tunnel and could barely be heard!

I generally like this phone, except that Galaxy didn't have to pay for it, for me, and with some exceptions.

Anyway, I understand that it has some kind of voice recognition, and am wondering if that can be harnessed to us my voice to answer and hang up phone calls while I'm driving, which of course would be much safer than having to fumble it from my purse and mess with swiping the screen, which doesn't always work so well in Denver's dry climate anyway, with dry hands.

Is there a way to do this?

I just looked at the pdf manual and don't see anything, off hand.
    10-04-2016 11:36 PM
    You can get Bluetooth car kits of course, some can use voice, some can't. If you have something like car mode in that device, that usually does that too.. I always have the Bluetooth setup in my car, you can yack away and be legal (and safe)... Most modern cars have a built-in car setup..
    10-05-2016 08:27 PM
    " which of course would be much safer than having to fumble it from my purse and mess with swiping the screen, which doesn't always work so well in Denver's dry climate anyway, with dry hands."

Wow it's legal to drive on the phone in the states? AMAZING!
    10-06-2016 09:46 AM
    " which of course would be much safer than having to fumble it from my purse and mess with swiping the screen, which doesn't always work so well in Denver's dry climate anyway, with dry hands."

Wow it's legal to drive on the phone in the states? AMAZING!
    Why wouldn't it be?

And I had a ham radio in the car for a lot of years and drove perfectly safely with a mic in one hand too. Don't blame the vast majority of good people for what a small minority of others do.
    10-06-2016 12:59 PM
    I was thinking about it too. I was driving earlier and my hubby called me, i had to press the answer button. Any apps that makes this possible? Like phone will be on listening mode all the time? Like when u get a call, u can just say "Answer" or "decline".. But ill guess it'll eat the battery.
    10-07-2016 10:47 PM
    I have a set of JBL Bluetooth headphones. They're great. They stop the music and answer the phone automatically. Plus, read my text messages to me. You can make calls with one button as well.

I like using these better cuz I can use them while I'm doing all kinds of other things as well such as riding the lawn mower, driving, walking, riding my bike.

For my vehicle I just use a cable to plug it into the radio/CD player. It works the same way. Most newer vehicles have that option.
    10-10-2016 02:17 PM