V10 or G5?

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Im seeing better battery life with fewer top ups during the day than with my old Galaxy S5. The S5 had a 2800mah battey and the G5 is something like 2700. So it has to be doing something more efficiently

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I found some videos supporting your claim. Thanks!

I also found a water test video for the G5 that really surprised me. It survived 2 minutes totally submerged. Not bad for a phone that's not waterproof.

My G4 survived being submerged in about six inches of water overnight. XD

Spent the next day in rice with the battery out and it's been running fine ever since. That was months ago.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
My G4 survived being submerged in about six inches of water overnight. XD

Spent the next day in rice with the battery out and it's been running fine ever since. That was months ago.

That's great but I'm saying the phone didn't even shut down. It was still running in the water. Then after pulling it out of the water after two minutes it was still running. The screen was still on. After that they did shut it down and checked it for water inside.

That, to me, was amazing! I expected the thing to immediately flood with water and shut off, short out, because of it.

If it were my phone I still would have put it in a bag of rice for a day or so just to make sure it was dry inside.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Jdfry15!

You are definitely correct about the battery life for the G4. My son and daughter - in-law both have G4's. He says the battery is not good. But that was the G4. The G5's battery and management is miles better than the G4.

I don't know. I only have a few gadgets to compare the G5 to.

Let's see..
IPod touch 3rd generation, iPod touch 4th generation, an iPhone 4s, a Galaxy S3, a Galaxy S6, A Nexus 7 (2012), two LG Nexus 4's and a Nexus 9.

I know that's not a lot of gadgets but the G5's battery beats them all. Especially when it comes to charging. The Nexus 9 takes forever to charge.

The G5.. From 8% to 99% in just over an hour? That's awesome in my opinion.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
V20 is too expensive for me so I'm also trying to decide which phone to upgrade from the G3 and G4. I really like the size and feel of the V10, but would I wish I had opted for the faster processor in six months? Also considering the Moto Z Play because of the battery life...

G5 also has fresher software compared to V10. Just don't know if I should give preference to wanting a bigger phone or just go for the faster phone since lag and slow down have been issues on the G3 and G4 more than I'd like. V10 has the same 808 as the G4, but maybe it's optimized better?

You won't have any issues with lag of any sort with the G5. It's blazing fast and buttery smooth. Even with 50 and more apps open.

Last edited:

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I've finally decided to get the Moto Z Play for myself. My girlfriend is getting the G5 and I'm recommending the V10 for my mom. For me, I just really like the idea of not needing to charge to swap batteries throughout the day. And it's cheaper.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay