Any one from HTC One m8

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have flirted with getting this phone for a while... I am a long time HTC one m8 user and I'm wondering most about the battery life. How is it compared to HTC one m8s battery life... Do you feel its better, less or about the same?

coyzer

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
G5 is lightning fast in comparison to M8, screen is larger and better. The mail app isn't as nice but took little time to get used to. The camera is superb on G5 but battery drains faster than M8 but charges in minutes, so I've never run out. I miss blinkfeed but in all delighted with G5 and certainly was not prepared to pay a 50% premium for HTC.
I've not regretted the move.

Seagullible

May 14, 2012
Visit site
G5 is lightning fast in comparison to M8, screen is larger and better. The mail app isn't as nice but took little time to get used to. The camera is superb on G5 but battery drains faster than M8 but charges in minutes, so I've never run out. I miss blinkfeed but in all delighted with G5 and certainly was not prepared to pay a 50% premium for HTC.

I'm also looking to move from an M8 to either a G5 or Huawei P9. I would prefer the G5 due to the better screen and camera but am concerned about the battery life (I left Samsung for HTC because of it). I wouldn't say I'm a heavy user at all, as I would only use it for messaging, browsing and checking social media intermittently most days.

What is it that you find eats up your battery?

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for reply...I loved the way they HTC one m8 didn't seem to drain battery as much...

I really like the removable battery but only want to rely on that as an exception back up solution and not a daily requirement.

I wouldn't say I'm power user as such because I don't play games or watch much videos but I do listen to music and browse the internet on chrome which is known to eat battery.....

Do you find yourself having to use the extra battery at the end of the day or you still got battery left when you come home?

coyzer

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Screen is the biggest user I have. I tend to keep the brightness up a little as I'm hitting that age when you start to need glasses. I have never had to switch batteries or run flat, but I tend to top up during the day when I get a chance.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I would have to say the g5 is one of the fastest Android phones I've used, and I feel like I've had them all. Battery life is ok. Really good standby time but my sot is just ok. Around 3.5 to 4 hours. I'm heavy user with lots of calls and GPS during the day. It won't last me all day, but I haven't had an android phone that does for me. The Note 7 gave me 5.5 to 6 hours of sot with similar usage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1