Hello, we just got an LG G5 and it's working well, however if I stream on Facebook Live or send a voice message on messenger, the microphone gain is really low. On playback, I have to turn the volume all the way up to hear it, and even then it's still really low. Other people have reported that they can't hear it well either. The normal camera recording app plays back at normal volume. Is this an issue with the phone? I didn't have this problem with the Galaxy S4 that I was using before. Is there a way to change the android mic levels without root?
    muckrakerX likes this.
    10-10-2016 06:12 PM
    Is this an issue with the phone? I didn't have this problem with the Galaxy S4 that I was using before. Is there a way to change the android mic levels without root?
    It's more likely an issue with a few apps, or with dirt in the mic hole blocking the audio.

Not only doesn't rooting have anything to do with it (it's a fixed hardware setting), you need a shop full of equipment to do it properly. You can't just change the transmitted audio level in an FM radio transmitter - without being able to monitor what's going out over the air (with meters, so you know the amount of deviation ... it's a very complex subject)..
    10-11-2016 11:54 AM