Camera Stops Working All The Time & Poor Battery Life

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

My other half has had a G5 for a few months now and to start with everything was great, but a few months ago the camera just stopped working. Basically what happens is you can load the default camera app up, take a photo and then it says " the camera app has stopped working". This happens all the time and you have to close and reopen the app. I've tired clearing the cache, I've done a factory reset and the same thing keeps happening. Now seeing as one of the reasons for buying the phone was the camera its very annoying.

My question is there a fix for this?

Also the battery has been sucking lately, all the phone is used for is whats app, facebook and some internet browsing, she isn't a heavy or power user yet the battery drains really fast. She doesn't keeps loads of apps open or running in the background either.

Could it be a hardware fault on both accounts?

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

My other half has had a G5 for a few months now and to start with everything was great, but a few months ago the camera just stopped working. Basically what happens is you can load the default camera app up, take a photo and then it says " the camera app has stopped working". This happens all the time and you have to close and reopen the app. I've tired clearing the cache, I've done a factory reset and the same thing keeps happening. Now seeing as one of the reasons for buying the phone was the camera its very annoying.

My question is there a fix for this?

Also the battery has been sucking lately, all the phone is used for is whats app, facebook and some internet browsing, she isn't a heavy or power user yet the battery drains really fast. She doesn't keeps loads of apps open or running in the background either.

Hi there. Check if you have the latest update. If not, you can send it to LG for a fix. If its not your fault that the cam stops after you take pics, then just communicate with them. As long as you did not drop it, they probably will fix it. If you have a carrier provider, you can call and make use of manufacturers warranty. Im with Verizon. There is such thing as "CERTIFIED LIKE NEW REPLACEMENT". Depends on your carrier, you can contact them see what they can do. :))

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

You know Facebook is one of the biggest battery drains, if not "the" biggest drain there is.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
You know Facebook is one of the biggest battery drains, if not "the" biggest drain there is.

True, but why have a smartphone that we have to turn off features or not use apps we want. My Moto z play has 53% left with 4 hours 23 minutes of sot. My g5 has 25% with 1 hour 45 minutes sot. I enjoy the g5 and switch back and forth but it's a no go for me on the weekends as I don't charge my phone throughout the day.

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
True, but why have a smartphone that we have to turn off features or not use apps we want. My Moto z play has 53% left with 4 hours 23 minutes of sot. My g5 has 25% with 1 hour 45 minutes sot. I enjoy the g5 and switch back and forth but it's a no go for me on the weekends as I don't charge my phone throughout the day.

True to that. When i get a new phone, i take care of the battery so much that i always want the gauge to be in 100%...haha i realise that this is Android, and its supposed to be "smart".

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site

I can't argue with that. So true. I'm just not a Facebooker. That's my wife's deal. And she's always whining about her battery life. And I keep telling her, "It's the Facebook app that's draining your battery." Then she says the same thing you just said.

It would be nice if Facebook fixed their app to not such so much. I'm starting to think Dyson made it.

nanikahakai

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,

DO NOT & I REPEAT DO NOT SEND YOUR WIFE's G5 TO TEXAS!!!
You NEVER know what you'll get back or if and when you'll get it back. It's dreadful there.

It doesn't matter where you purchased the phone. Take it back & INSIST that you get a NEW PHONE.

LG has a LOUSY Q.A. (quality assurance) protocol with the G5. I had to return FIVE before I had one that worked.(example:
2 that wouldn't power up, the LCD failed on another, etc)
I'm using my final G5 right now. I have met numerous G5 users who have had the same experience, whether they purchased through a service provider or a cell phone outlet (buying an unlocked USA capable G5 or unlocked international capable G5.)
REMEMBER, it doesn't cost the providers / merchants one red cent to swap out for a new one.

I am STRONGLY 💪 advocating that everyone hold LG accountable for their laziness and lack of pride with the G5..
I Haven't checked to authenticate, but I was told that youngbloods are at the helm now & ALL of the old dogs who were the."founders"/ creators ... who built LG are gone. Now they are retired happy fat cats enjoying their wealth if they are still alive. Somehow, the pride in new product is not the same. We've paid good $$$ for this phone, and they should deliver what they promised. Certainly the cameras: internal & the 360.

RE: the battery. Why do you think we got a free charging cradle and battery if we purchase it before April 30th?

Facebook is not the only culprit for battery drain, however my G5 has picked up viruses and bugs while in facebook.
I suggest you install 360 Security or Avast to better track and to prevent battery drain. Of course it has other cleaning s features that will help with performance. Some people disagree with inztalling virus protection, but the features will belp your wife become more aware of her phones function.

I can remember when LG opened shop. Ditto for Samsung and the rest.
I recall young people, predominately young men, leaving their lucrative jobs in Silicon Valley to return to their mother country to help build a micro-electronics industry. National pride took place of the desire for fat paychecks and large comfortable homes in the states. Educated & trained in the USA, they went back to live in tiny apartments and working for little money, built successful companies & a thriving industry, competitive on the world stage.They were Entrepreneurs.
Quality & customer service were first, foremost and a necessary requirement to succeed.
These should still be the focus.

Good luck, go for it, let us know what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463