g5 or V10?

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking to get a second phone, used on Swappa, to switch in and out with my GS7. I'm pondering the G5 or V10. Any advice or opinions and why would you pick one over the other? How is the battery life on each and the UI? Thanks.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Very similar phones for starters. I would personally choose the G5 beings they both have awesome cameras but the G5 has the secondary wide-angle lens.

But... It would be nifty to try the secondary display of the V10.

I think I would still prefer the newer device.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
You're in the position I was in just a couple of days ago. It just all depends on the size of the device you want to be holding and carrying in your pocket. Do you want a small second screen (which definitely seems convenient) or do you want a smaller screen and device overall? The wide angle lens is also awesome. I picked the G5 because I wanted something smaller than my Note 4 and although it's taking some getting used to, it's working out great. I love having a device that doesn't give me discomfort in my pocket. Just having a difficult time finding the right case for it.

I'm not having any of the build quality issues earlier builds were having. Battery sits module thing fits flush.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
v20 !!! hehe

Personally totally over getting the latest and greatest every time they're released. The spec jumps don't ever seem enough. But if you hang on to what you have for a year or so, the following upgrade is usually worth it. See, I bought my Note 4 a year after it had already been released so moving to the G5 was a huge leap in specs and usability. I can Jump! (With T-Mobile) every 6 months but this is the one time I decided against it and I couldn't be happier about my decision. If I can hold onto the G5 until the G7 is released, the upgrade will be well worth it. I used to upgrade every 6 months or so, but waiting is a lot better than I thought.

Anyway..I pretty much found an excuse to type on my G5 with this worthless post. Go ahead and sink your teeth into both phones at your local carrier store. Play with them for a while, then make your decision.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000