Bugs or fault ??

swift211

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Hello everybody, just bought a G5 after a great experience with a g2, phenomenal phone! However G5 is not living up to what I expected.
I was just wondering has anybody else experienced a problem with the screen time out and brightness?
Initially upon receiving the handset the time out setting was set to 2 mins while the screen brightness was 100%.
Having changed this to 30 sec for the time out and 25 % for the brightness not on auto, it keeps reverting back to the original, everytime it is restarted either through powering off, or just restarting it through the menu. There was three updates that were in the update centre which I installed thinking this might fix the issue but this has had no effect.
I was wondering has anybody else had this issue and if so found a way to resolve it?
I have also done a factory reset as suggested from the company where I bought the phone from.
I am running 6.0.1
Kernel 3.18.20
Software version V10i-EUR-XX

Thank you in advance.

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello everybody, just bought a G5 after a great experience with a g2, phenomenal phone! However G5 is not living up to what I expected.
I was just wondering has anybody else experienced a problem with the screen time out and brightness?
Initially upon receiving the handset the time out setting was set to 2 mins while the screen brightness was 100%.
Having changed this to 30 sec for the time out and 25 % for the brightness not on auto, it keeps reverting back to the original, everytime it is restarted either through powering off, or just restarting it through the menu. There was three updates that were in the update centre which I installed thinking this might fix the issue but this has had no effect.
I was wondering has anybody else had this issue and if so found a way to resolve it?
I have also done a factory reset as suggested from the company where I bought the phone from.
I am running 6.0.1
Kernel 3.18.20
Software version V10i-EUR-XX

Thank you in advance.

If under carrier warranty, better exchange to a new unit.

swift211

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did end up swapping the handset.
It took a while to come as they stopped selling the titan so now I have the silver one.
The issue is still there. Could somebody please try this on there phone and confirm for me as I'm thinking it's a software issue from Lg.
If you have your screen brightness on manual mode and set it to whatever percent, if you then turn your phone off and then turned it back on does it automatically reset to a hundred percent?
Also the same situation with the screen timeout, I can change this to anything but then when I turn my phone off, when it comes back on it will be the factory two minutes. This also happens when you just restart your phone from the menu.
I would like to know if this is with anybody elses handsets too.
Thank you in advance.

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did end up swapping the handset.
It took a while to come as they stopped selling the titan so now I have the silver one.
The issue is still there. Could somebody please try this on there phone and confirm for me as I'm thinking it's a software issue from Lg.
If you have your screen brightness on manual mode and set it to whatever percent, if you then turn your phone off and then turned it back on does it automatically reset to a hundred percent?
Also the same situation with the screen timeout, I can change this to anything but then when I turn my phone off, when it comes back on it will be the factory two minutes. This also happens when you just restart your phone from the menu.
I would like to know if this is with anybody elses handsets too.
Thank you in advance.

That is so weird. I got mine from Verizon, mines silver. Ive tried setting my brightness to manual and restarted it. I still have brightness on manual after. So i wonder, maybe urs is software? I understand how it bothers u. If it was me , this would trigger my OCD. Im sorry that happened to you. You might consider another phone if you cant deal with the bug. Or wait for the Nougat?

swift211

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. It is really annoying knowing they have a fault like this that they didn't pick up on.
To be honest I don't think I'd need to adjust it that much but its just knowing it's there.
I really like the phone and think I'll be keeping it and hoping nougat will sort this out.

swift211

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
It only changes after you restart your phone. So for example you put it in manual 25 percent then you switch your phone off then when it comes back on it will be a 100 percent again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair