LG G5 LOOPING issue and backing up

smokemaker

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
I am hoping someone here can help,
I must say I am extremely disapointed by LG, almost everything I have bought from them within the last year, just goes dead or bad, my LG TV had a an issue, I bought a battery cradle for my LG g5 and it only charges the battery or the phone, as it's supposed to charge both simultaneously.

I got my LG G5 H860 in june and within a month and a half the power button stopped working! I still managed to use the phone without the power button, but yesterday morning, my alarm went off and then when I grabbed my phone and tried to unlock it thru fingerprint, it turned off and it loops on Boot on the LG screen.
I have tried everything like changing the battery.. but nothign works, when I turn it on it goes to where you have to unlock the phone with your pattern but after that it's not really functional , after a minute or two it turns off and loops again.

is there any way to fix this without a hard reset or is there any way I can do a back up, if I connect it to my pc, it reads it the phone but unfortunately once it loops, it no longer works. I can not even use the safemode since the touchscreen donest work

G0010425_zpsfof6gri0.jpg

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I hope someone here can help with backing up my data

Mine is a Verizon phone. Before i got this, they backed up my media files, all my contacts etc to the Verizon cloud. I had corrupted SD once, and im thankful i had it backed up. Now i sync my stuff in Google cloud. I think its very important to have a backup. So if anything ever happens to your phone, you still have your stuff to retrieve as soon as you get ur phone fixed.

Btw, is your phone under insurance? Or you can contact LG, send them your phone, then you have to wait for a week to get it back, if you did not drop it and just started acting up you should be covered by LG warranty. Or if you are under carrier, you can contact them for a manufacturer warranty, they can send you a refurb device, as long as your phone does not have any cracks or visible scratches, they will exchange it...

Im sorry you received a defective phone. I hope you will have it fixed. Update us soon!

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I hope someone here can help with backing up my data
How much of your data do you need to backup? Do you use EAS accounts for your contacts and emails? If so, then that's simple to reinstall.

With respect to call logs and text message backups, I use SMS Backup & Restore, very dependable and backed up files can be saved to and restored from your SD card.

smokemaker

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
I need a couple of my app datas, my contacts are fine, since they are synced with google
If the phone stayed on which it does sometimes, I could back it up but it usually turns off and loops after 5 mintues

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I need a couple of my app datas, my contacts are fine, since they are synced with google
If the phone stayed on which it does sometimes, I could back it up but it usually turns off and loops after 5 mintues
If I were you, I'd be requesting a warranty replacement.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I was not aware you could charge a battery and the phone at the same time with the LG cradle.

Now to your real issue. Too late but you should have sent it in when the power button started failing. The only thing you can do at this point get it repaired or replaced. You can fill out a service request online. They provide shipping too and from. If you bought it on a carrier plan you could ask for a warranty exchange but you will most likely get a certified like new replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer