LG G5 7.0 update prompt

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and about 30 minutes ago I was prompted for the 7.0 update. I attempted the update but got an Android w/ red error across. Now no indication of the update available. Talk about dangling a carrot!

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Successful update.
3484a88151f16cc6b8f9b6879ab7c5db.jpg

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
What is it like? Key differences from Marshmallow etc.?
So far, battery life seems much improved. I like the split screen option, where you can have two apps up side by side. You can slide to adjust the screen size of each app in that mode.

One thing concerning me is that my 3rd party QC 3.0 car charger is not being recognized as a quick charger. The 3rd party one I have at work appears to be working, though.

As I discover more, I'll add to this post.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am loving the 7.0 Nougat update so far. New features include support for themes, multi-window, native DPI changing, reply from notification, and some others. Here's an album of some screenshots showing some of the new features! Sprint LG G5 Android 7.0 Nougat Update - Album on Imgur

Awesome looks just like my v20 software. Thinking I'm going to but her a g5 since the v20 is to large. Gonna pull the trigger now that it also has nougat. Yes we are on sprint

jazzsalt

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I am loving the 7.0 Nougat update so far. New features include support for themes, multi-window, native DPI changing, reply from notification, and some others. Here's an album of some screenshots showing some of the new features! Sprint LG G5 Android 7.0 Nougat Update - Album on Imgur

Thanks! Looks sweet and the improved battery life is promising as well. Just waiting for this to hit Vodafone in the UK ...

Stephen33

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Pretty smooth transition for me as well! I switched to the High Contrast theme and got rid of that garish white! Anyone else digging the new emojis?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Pretty smooth transition for me as well! I switched to the High Contrast theme and got rid of that garish white! Anyone else digging the new emojis?
Stephen33, I'm guessing you're still using LG's launcher for that High Contrast theme, right?

I'm using Nova, and everything seems to be working very smoothly.

I've noticed a few quirks surrounding the fingerprint sensor, but I think it's isolated to one app - Dashlane - so I may be contacting them shortly about it.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
One thing concerning me is that my 3rd party QC 3.0 car charger is not being recognized as a quick charger. The 3rd party one I have at work appears to be working, though.

As I discover more, I'll add to this post.

Just realized today that my cable wasn't pushed all the way into the plug. Once I did that, it went right into fast charging mode. Whew! Glad that's ok!