I currently have an iPhone SE, but I think I want to buy an LG G5 outright. Thoughts? Suggestions?

swille81

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I currently own an iPhone SE. I just browsed Best Buy because I saw that the price of an unlocked LG G5 that is compatible with Verizon is going for $429.

Link:

LG G5 4G LTE with 32GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) Gray LG G5 (UNLOCKED) - TITAN - Best Buy

So - fans of the LG G5 - is it worth it?

I've financed the SE through Verizon and could in theory pay that off and upgrade to another phone if I wanted to, but I don't. I just plan on saving the rest of the money and pay off the device early so I'm not tied to any agreements.

What I like about the SE:

Size and form factor - I enjoy using the phone one handed (get out of the gutter) and it is very pocket friendly.
6S specs without the 6S price - It's a mini powerhouse of a phone
Perfect marriage of software and hardware - updates come from Apple and I don't have to worry about any kind of delays
Camera - not the best in class camera but no slouch either
My family runs on iPhone - iMessage (need one say more)
Accessories are everywhere - cases, screen protectors, etc

What I don't like

My retail options for cases seem to be dwindling. If I need to make a run to a brick and mortar location I'm more likely to see 6/6S and 7 accessories than I am any for the 5/5S/SE variant.
Sometimes the phone is too small. I don't like squinting at the screen from time to time.

What I like about the LG G5

Previous history - I've owned an LG G2 and G3. I enjoyed using both devices quite a bit
It's in a slick package - I like the looks of the LG G5
The specs - They seem to be more than capable of running Android
The cameras - I'm not a selfie guy - the two cameras on the rear have me interested though

What I don't know

After being out for so long, is it still everything people wanted it to be? Is it worth the $430 for the unlocked price?

So I could be in Best Buy this Black Friday buying a phone that I cannot open until Christmas. Would you, if you had the available cash, buy an LG G5 at that price or should I stick with the iPhone SE that I have and most likely enjoy OS support for another 3-5 years.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I currently own an iPhone SE. I just browsed Best Buy because I saw that the price of an unlocked LG G5 that is compatible with Verizon is going for $429.

Link:

LG G5 4G LTE with 32GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) Gray LG G5 (UNLOCKED) - TITAN - Best Buy

So - fans of the LG G5 - is it worth it?

I've financed the SE through Verizon and could in theory pay that off and upgrade to another phone if I wanted to, but I don't. I just plan on saving the rest of the money and pay off the device early so I'm not tied to any agreements.

What I like about the SE:

Size and form factor - I enjoy using the phone one handed (get out of the gutter) and it is very pocket friendly.
6S specs without the 6S price - It's a mini powerhouse of a phone
Perfect marriage of software and hardware - updates come from Apple and I don't have to worry about any kind of delays
Camera - not the best in class camera but no slouch either
My family runs on iPhone - iMessage (need one say more)
Accessories are everywhere - cases, screen protectors, etc

What I don't like

My retail options for cases seem to be dwindling. If I need to make a run to a brick and mortar location I'm more likely to see 6/6S and 7 accessories than I am any for the 5/5S/SE variant.
Sometimes the phone is too small. I don't like squinting at the screen from time to time.

What I like about the LG G5

Previous history - I've owned an LG G2 and G3. I enjoyed using both devices quite a bit
It's in a slick package - I like the looks of the LG G5
The specs - They seem to be more than capable of running Android
The cameras - I'm not a selfie guy - the two cameras on the rear have me interested though

What I don't know

After being out for so long, is it still everything people wanted it to be? Is it worth the $430 for the unlocked price?

So I could be in Best Buy this Black Friday buying a phone that I cannot open until Christmas. Would you, if you had the available cash, buy an LG G5 at that price or should I stick with the iPhone SE that I have and most likely enjoy OS support for another 3-5 years.
I'm a power user and have been using mine for more than 4 months now, and I continue to be completely satisfied with all aspects of its performance!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae