03-20-2017 10:27 AM
33 12
tools
    I bought an unlocked LG G5 SE (H840) as a Christmas present for myself, and I haven't had the OTA update either. My software is V10a-EUR-XX.

Perhaps an email or phone call to LG after the Christmas holidays might help.
    12-27-2016 08:22 AM
    Think I'm gonna try a live chat once it opens again I'll let you know what they if the update hasn't come out yet. Strange though most people have had it
    12-27-2016 04:10 PM
    I'm on EE in the uk. Had the 7.0 update for a few weeks. Many of my apps immediately wouldn't open, including barclays app. When i go onto messages, i am unable to compose a new message without that also crashing. I can only send texts if someone texts me first.

Not at all happy. Phoning LG tomorrow as essentially i am now left with a phone that doesn't work properly.
    12-27-2016 05:11 PM
    I sent LG a message a couple of days ago ago and received this rather vague reply:
    The latest upgrade is released in batches and I cannot tell you when exactly it will be available on your phone.

It should be within the next few weeks for sure.
    12-29-2016 02:25 PM
    Thanks I got near enough the same reply
    01-09-2017 01:15 AM
    I have now got the update don't know why it took so long
    01-10-2017 02:37 AM
    I've just contacted LG again and have received another useless reply as follows:
    Hi Jamie,

Thank you for your query regarding your LG G4

I hope you are well, and I would be happy to assist you.

At the moment, we are in the process of rolling out the update to G5 handsets, the update is being done in small batches over the course of the next few weeks so for for the moment please bear with us.
    As soon as we have an update with regards to the G5 and other handsets however we will be sure to announce this through the normal channels, for for the moment please bear with us and keep an eye on your notifications.

My apologies I cannot provide more info at present, but please do keep an eye out for announcement as we hope to have news soon. If there is anything else I can help you with please don't hesitate to get back in touch.
    Apart from my name NOT being Jamie and my phone NOT being a G4, we are nowhere nearer getting even a rough date for Nougat.

I'd be interested to know whether anyone else in the UK is still waiting, and whether they've managed to get any better info out of LG.
    02-04-2017 02:30 PM
    Update: I tried emailing the General Manager of LG UK today, and surprisingly received a reply, although it doesn't really help very much. Here's what he said:
    Unfortunately we have little information in regards to software roll outs. That said,
    I understand from the factory that "Nougat" has now being approved for an EU roll
    out. What I do not know at this time is just when this will be for the UK, but once
    we do know our call centre will be updated as to the schedule.
    03-20-2017 10:27 AM
33 12