Nougat update has arrived in UK

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Seems ok. I'm not one to try everything out I'm afraid. But I have noticed the split screen thing, so you can arrange one app at the top and another at the bottom of the screen. Not sure how useful that is. I got the update through the Bridge software on the PC, so OTA updates might take a little longer to appear.

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Further update after 2 days use. I've noticed that the battery appears to be draining much faster since updating. Before the update I was typically getting through a day without having to top-up the battery, sometimes even finding the battery over 40% full at the end of the day. Since the update I'm having to charge the phone quite often even when it hasn't been heavily used. Earlier today it dropped to 39% withing 3 hours. I'm hoping LG will be aware of this issue and will be working on it.

suryakumar1

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Android 7.0 Nougat is the latest beautiful update in the world of Android smartphones. It has improved the visuals from the previous two versions of Android and provided with a lot of new customization options. Along with all this Nougat has brought major changes to obtain functionalities that we could only get from using custom ROMs or third party skins and apps. It can considered to be the best, fastest, hardest and strongest yet update for the Android operating system.

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Further update after 2 days use. I've noticed that the battery appears to be draining much faster since updating. Before the update I was typically getting through a day without having to top-up the battery, sometimes even finding the battery over 40% full at the end of the day. Since the update I'm having to charge the phone quite often even when it hasn't been heavily used. Earlier today it dropped to 39% withing 3 hours. I'm hoping LG will be aware of this issue and will be working on it.

standard behaviour for new updates, should even out after a few more days

Out of curiousity what network do you use?

Jack Paladin

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
Registered an account specifically for this update. Just updated my G5 and the battery life decided it was going to re-enact the famous 'THIS IS SPARTA' scene. Fully charged this morning (around 8:30am) and dead by 14:30pm. Phone is less than 6 months old. There also seems be a heat issue to the point where I will be driving and notice my phone getting uncomfortably hot to the point of taking it out of my pocket for fear of it pulling an S7 job. I wonder perhaps if the heat and battery issues are related to Bluetooth connectivity? I only seemed to notice the heat issues whilst I was driving and streaming music via bluetooth. Hope it gets sorted!

drenco

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Well i thought id report back now as my LG G5 (Sim Free Unlocked UK) yesterday received the Android 7.0 Nougat OS update now i did the ADB shell trick to enable Adoptive Storage previously whilst it was on 6.0 Marshmallow and was unsure as to if this would remain intact upon a complete 1.5gb fresh install of a new/different OS and im happy to say all is good the Adoptive Storage has stayed intact all options available and all previous apps still allocated on External. Also the battery life is even better ive left the phone mostly on standby for the past 20hrs and its used exactly 10%.

Jack Paladin

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
Jack is this the H850 model?

Yep. I read on reddit that some others have had the same issues and a factory wipe seemed to sort it. I took a backup of my data to SD and wiped it last night but turns out the backup is 'damaged' and unable to restore :'(

Will let you know how I get on today with it. Phone unplugged at approx 9am this morning.

wmogz

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
two days after the update and the battery drainage is a major concern. having said that I have bluetooth and gps off no facebook nor twittier installed so battery usage should be low but not.
on the plus side certain apps can now be moved to the external sd card so creating much needed space on internal memory

tabberkev

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Got it last night on EE (OTA). 1.5GB took a while to download though :)

Haven'y yet noticed a whole load of difference. Some of the visuals (like notifications, and pull down menu) look a bit cleaner. Battery status is shown on the always on screen which is useful. Not many apps seem to support the split window multitasking though.

swift211

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
15 hours so far 78 percent. Light use today, just browsing. It seems to be ok for me plus everything looks like it's working as it should.

Mattie Vallance

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello. Im new to here. I received update auto other night when i was asleep. Once i woke up and had a look on my phone and wtf. I wasnt happy thou as the update iself installed on the phone and its was done. So i decision to have a go and im somewhere not happy with update as the notification pop up where i dont want it. Ive tried everything's to make icon notification on top of screen. And there keyboard i normally using black keyboard and isnt there. And some of apps dosent work. Like of Barclays. Sky sport news. And i have been on phone to lg centre and complain about the update and they told me to do hard reset factory and will take me 6.0.1 which seem to be stuck with 7.0. So everythings look same problem for me. I dont know if anyone had this issuse also little heat and a little laggy.

And i was thinking of root back to 6.0.1 and im not really sure if i should risky as the phone is pretty new and still sealed from day 1. Dont know if i like to root it or sell it. Phone was perfect suitable for me. Now its not suitable for me after update i felt let down

Sorry if my English is not very good as its not my first language im deaf and British sign language is my first

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay