Android 7.0 Nougat and LG Keyboard

srbecker58

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
I like the LG keyboard a lot! It has a separate row for numbers and I am used to the layout of it. On marshmellow I had a dark themed keyboard, however after the Nougat update, it is now a light themed keyboard and dialer, however I see no way to change them. Anyone else experience this or find a way to change it? I know, Google Keyboard... I will if I have to, but I like the LG keyboard...

Edit: I guess it actually is something not included according to this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFuFUhRSNGw

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi! If you like the layout of LG's keyboard but want a darker theme, you can always download SwiftKey and set the number row and keyboard colour to your specifications. They have a lot of different dark themes to choose from, and their keyboard is very intuitive.

RiverdALIEN

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
I like the LG keyboard a lot! It has a separate row for numbers and I am used to the layout of it. On marshmellow I had a dark themed keyboard, however after the Nougat update, it is now a light themed keyboard and dialer, however I see no way to change them. Anyone else experience this or find a way to change it? I know, Google Keyboard... I will if I have to, but I like the LG keyboard...

Edit: I guess it actually is something not included according to this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFuFUhRSNGw

You have to change the entire theme. Go to settings -> themes -> and choose a black one

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I hate when they take things away that were there before. I don't want to change my whole theme just for a dark keyboard. I guess I'll have to try a third party keyboard

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi! If you like the layout of LG's keyboard but want a darker theme, you can always download SwiftKey and set the number row and keyboard colour to your specifications. They have a lot of different dark themes to choose from, and their keyboard is very intuitive.

Just downloaded Swiftkey. Man I should have downloaded this ages ago! Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance