When going to settings, I frequently would long press on the square home touch button to bring up a short menu, and pick settings. Now, it seems there is no more pop up menu, and it's a two step process with the notification pull-down. Is this the case, or am I missing a setting?
    12-07-2016 07:38 AM
    Long Press on the square button no longer works for me either but I think they have changed the way this works, double tap on the square and it will launch a shortcut. The problem I am seeing is that the last action I used now becomes what is launched when I double tap the square ( if Google now is the last app I launched it is what will happen when I double tap the square, open my contacts and that is what will open the next time I double tap the square )
    12-07-2016 11:26 AM
    Ooh, i just noticed that! Cant interchange my launchers now easily. Thanks for pointing out.
    12-10-2016 05:58 PM
    Well Duh... Once I looked at the changes that come with 7.0 this is one of the features, when split screen mode is enabled it is quite handy. I would like to find a short cut to open settings without having the two step process of pulling down from the notification bar.
    12-11-2016 01:07 PM
    Looks like they may have changed it to 2 finger pulldown to get to settings, which matches what my old Nexus 5 used to do. I used to really miss the difference between 1 and 2 finger pulldown upgrading to the G5. But now i've got used to not having it, so have to retrain my brain again :-)

It means you can see more notifications on the screen (with 1 finger), and you just have to use 2 if you want setting or to use some of the other quick icons.
    blastncast likes this.
    12-14-2016 04:48 AM