Why does opening an external link take me back to Google Chrome?

A

AC Question

This has been bothering me for about two months now. It has been happening before Android Nougat came to my LG G5 (T-Mobile).

Every time I click a link outside of Google Chrome (i.e.: Twitter, Google app, Band app) instead of opening that link in the app like it used to do, it takes me to Google Chrome. The link does open inside the app, but I have to go to the recent apps and toggle back to it. This is annoying because when it takes me to Google Chrome, it just puts me on the page last visited on Chrome. I hate having to switch back to the app I was in to go to a link I pressed. Can someone please help me?

IratePirate

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Hello, and thank you. It was me that asked the question. I've cleared defaults and the problem still persists. If there are other solutions you may be able to provide, I'd be very appreciative. Thanks in advance.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for registering! When opening a link, do you get a menu where you can select which app to use? That's normal when you didn't set any default for this action. Also, most apps have an option to open web pages in the own app (the screenshot is for the Google app, for example). Try changing this setting and see if the problem still persists.

I'll move your thread to the LG G5 forum just in case there's an specific setting for this phone that I'm missing here.

IratePirate

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for registering! When opening a link, do you get a menu where you can select which app to use? That's normal when you didn't set any default for this action. Also, most apps have an option to open web pages in the own app (the screenshot is for the Google app, for example). Try changing this setting and see if the problem still persists.

I'll move your thread to the LG G5 forum just in case there's an specific setting for this phone that I'm missing here.

Hi and thanks. I have made sure that (especially in the Google app) I have apps set to open web pages in app.

I went a day thinking I solved the problem but it's only a quick workaround. You must completely close out Google Chrome for it to not open when you're trying to open a link from another app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2