restricting apps from running in the background....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is there a reason why you want to do this? In general, it's preferable to let the system handle what apps are open in RAM, and when they're closed. If you use a task killer or memory cleaner app, that tends to worsen performance and battery use, rather than improve it.

If they're preinstalled apps that you never use, you could go to Settings>Apps​, select the app, and Disable it.

goonieboy2008

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is there a reason why you want to do this? In general, it's preferable to let the system handle what apps are open in RAM, and when they're closed. If you use a task killer or memory cleaner app, that tends to worsen performance and battery use, rather than improve it.

If they're preinstalled apps that you never use, you could go to Settings>Apps​, select the app, and Disable it.

Hello!
I got my phone last week i have the exact same amount of apps as day one,the first 4-5 days my battery was incredible. I used to charge my phone to 100% before going to bed and in the morning it was at 98% not the last to days the battery goes down 25+% over night??? i havent installed any task killer or memory cleaner. I don't play games or watch videos. Just talk and text and apps like facebook,weather network,instagram,etc...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would help to see the battery stats from that overnight drain. Show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

goonieboy2008

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I would help to see the battery stats from that overnight drain. Show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Check the screenshot i posted what do you think? thanks

jnbarth

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I have problems with app resource usage as well. Facebook is a particular hog. I don't run it during the day, but when I get home and check stats it has used the highest percentage of battery and mobile data. I had my battery go dead on a 12 hour drive and it never was taken out of its case. It's just like so many current apps that assume I want instant access to all the latest info at all times and so it tries to update continuously. Need some way to tell each app update between certain times only. Even shopping apps seem to want to update my location continuously. Maybe we could get a maximum efficiency mode that lets us have phone access only with data only at our demand.

goonieboy2008

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Something is weird i just recharged my phone to 100% 60 mins ago and sent a few messages with messenger and I'm still at 100%??? whats up with that! Yesterday and today it was going down 1% every few minutes :confused:

goonieboy2008

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Something is weird i just recharged my phone to 100% 60 mins ago and sent a few messages with messenger and I'm still at 100%??? whats up with that! Yesterday and today it was going down 1% every few minutes :confused:

Just realized my phone was stuck on 100% battery??? restarted my phone and now its at 93% don't know what went wrong. I will charge it again to 100% and i will see tomorrow morning

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check the screenshot i posted what do you think? thanks

The other screenshots I suggested would still be helpful -- especially to see the cell signal strength. But from your single screenshot, it looks like FB Messenger is eating up battery (which it's notorious for).

weatherphill

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
Use the smart cleaner, go to the app settings and change the permissions to storage depending on the app. Also file manager to move Photos and Documents to the Sd Card. with the smart cleaner being the last process. Power off phone and restart.. See if that works.

goonieboy2008

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I had to do a factory reset this morning cause my battery was stuck on 100% and couldn't check battery options. Now the phones seems to be going good. I will see later tonight or tomorrow how it goes. Thanks for all your help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos