Phone Lag While Sending or Receiving Texts

Garrett Richards

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've had my LG G5 for a little over 7 months now, and an issue I had with my old G3 is now happening to this phone. I hoped LG would have worked out the kinks by now.

The problem is that for the couple seconds while my phone is sending a text, or while it is receiving a text message, in the stock messaging app, the whole touch screen freezes/lags. This doesn't seem to happen in other messaging apps, just the stock SMS app while doing actual texting. For example, if I am in the process of typing a text when I receive a text, the letters all appear on the screen 2 or 3 seconds later and any space bars I pressed do not show up. So while a text is incoming or outgoing, if I type "I want to go to the store" the letters will show up a few seconds later, in rapid succession, as "Iwanttogotothestore". It is very frustrating, what can I do to stop this and get my phone back to responsiveness, even while sending or receiving an SMS? Do I need a bigger Micro SD card or to do a factory reset or what? :(

Thanks for your help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! Have you already tried going to Settings>Apps, selecting Messaging, and clearing the cache?

Garrett Richards

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi B Diddy,

I had not tried that, but I just cleared the Messaging app cache, and the problem is still happening. Do you have any other suggestions I can try?

Thank you!

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi B Diddy,

I had not tried that, but I just cleared the Messaging app cache, and the problem is still happening. Do you have any other suggestions I can try?

Thank you!

Hi, if you want you can try factory reset...if there are no other options. Did it happen after a software update? Or You must have an app you installed thats running in the background which is making things lag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech